Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2022, 02:00 PM

15 posts, read 21,062 times

Advertisements

Good Day,

My three year contract with Green Mountain Energy is coming due at the end of November and I'm shopping around for Solar Buy Back Plans.

What I'm finding out is that almost all the electric companies that do Solar Buy Back are no longer as generous as they once were, in fact, they have become very greedy and I'll be lucky to carry over $10 in credits to the following month when I'm able to produce more that I consume. With the new "added fees" in the form of "Transmission and Delivery Charges" and "base rates", I will be paying out of pocket close to $250 a month for Jun, Jul, Aug and Sep due to my consumption being higher than my production due to the added fees. In the 3 years that I was on the contract, I was able to absorb this with the credits that I will build up during the non summer months.

I'm sure I'm not alone with this BS that the utility companies are pulling. So much for the panels paying for themselves with buy back credits !!

I'm reaching out to see what others have found to soften this injustice that the power companies are doing.

Please advise any helpful information that you may have.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2022, 03:58 PM

2,547 posts, read 4,051,124 times
Vote tomorrow and get rid of the people running the state. They are allowing this.

Old 11-07-2022, 04:32 PM

I early voted and by the way, your response is worthless !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston-nomad View Post
Vote tomorrow and get rid of the people running the state. They are allowing this.

Old 11-07-2022, 04:52 PM

2,547 posts, read 4,051,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twoseas View Post
I early voted and by the way, your response is worthless !!!
Well, I don't see how else you're going to see a change. Sorry it wasn't helpful to you.

Old 11-09-2022, 09:34 AM

1,110 posts, read 2,584,536 times
This won't help you, but I simply just said screw solar given the ridiculous cost and recoup time.
Plus I kept reading that most ended up having to pay on top, so at that point it was useless.

Same thing with EV cars, over priced and electric companies are creating EV plans that don't seem that enticing.

Sadly most will fall in line as it is controlled by a few.

Good luck my friend.

Old 11-09-2022, 10:13 AM

Thanks for your insight ! I've got 46 panels on my roof so I have to ride it out. I got no choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_guerrajr View Post
This won't help you, but I simply just said screw solar given the ridiculous cost and recoup time.
Plus I kept reading that most ended up having to pay on top, so at that point it was useless.

Same thing with EV cars, over priced and electric companies are creating EV plans that don't seem that enticing.

Sadly most will fall in line as it is controlled by a few.

Good luck my friend.

Old 11-30-2022, 04:30 PM

676 posts, read 931,150 times
I am in a similar boat. My rate plan expires next year and the new ones are pretty bad compared to it. Shell Energy is who I currently have and they seem to be offering the best deals though for renewal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston