Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2008, 10:31 PM

3 posts, read 5,789 times

Advertisements

first stuff is that my renting apartment now is too expensive for me to afford so any one can recommend me some cheaper ones?
secondly, I currently do not have a driving license yet so i do not have a car. but my house is 18 miles away from Cyfair community college which i'm taking course at. Anyone can suggesst me some buses lines that I can take from houston to cyfair?
ALso where to buy cheap furnitures for my new house
I'm a student so need to save a little bit for future
thank you for all answers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2008, 08:14 AM

3,702 posts, read 18,216,670 times
Sorry, but as far as I know there are no busses in Cy-Fair with the exception of the Park-N-Ride (closer in). You do not say how much you want to spend on an apartment so can't help there. For inexpensive furniture, check out some of the resale shops like Goodwill (one on 290 just before 610), Salvation Army (on Washington downtown), and Catholic Charities (near Montrose/Westheimer).

Old 06-01-2008, 09:29 AM

Location: from houstoner to bostoner to new yorker to new jerseyite ;)
4,084 posts, read 12,685,220 times
Where do you live now? What is cheaper to you? How much are you paying in rent now?

Old 06-01-2008, 09:43 AM

3 posts, read 5,789 times
is that really?
i heard that I can take the Metro bus from Tidwell , Houston, where my renting apartment is in, to Cy-fair college.
My renting house is now 500 a month not include any utilities and also has no furniture
thanks for answering

Old 06-01-2008, 11:57 AM

3,702 posts, read 18,216,670 times
If you are thinking of the small campus on 290, there probably is a bus. I was thinking of the campus further out near Barker Cypress.
$500/month is pretty inexpensive you might find something a little bit cheaper or you might find something that includes utilities for that price. Check out Craig's List and the Greensheet.

Old 06-01-2008, 02:31 PM

8,895 posts, read 20,002,567 times
If 500/month is too expensive - you might try looking in the paper for people who rent out rooms in their home and perhaps you can find one close to the college where you are going. It probably would be easier to go to University of Houston or one of the Houston Community Colleges where you could get bus service.

Old 06-01-2008, 03:05 PM

Location: from houstoner to bostoner to new yorker to new jerseyite ;)
4,084 posts, read 12,685,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas7 View Post
If 500/month is too expensive - you might try looking in the paper for people who rent out rooms in their home and perhaps you can find one close to the college where you are going. It probably would be easier to go to University of Houston or one of the Houston Community Colleges where you could get bus service.
Yeah, I was thinking along those same lines. Only I'd advise getting a roommate instead. You'd be inside the loop where bus service is better and you could live it up when you're not studying. But I don't think these are options if you just moved into this place and signed a lease, so that wasn't very helpful, was it? Oh well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston