Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 07:25 AM

439 posts, read 1,242,617 times

Advertisements

So is Holly Hall and 288/610 really that bad? I know someone that lives over there and it seemed like a decent area. I was even thinking of maybe buying over there myself. Although I know that's not the best commute to my job in Clear Lake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2008, 03:20 PM

83 posts, read 313,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcoolbro View Post
So is Holly Hall and 288/610 really that bad? I know someone that lives over there and it seemed like a decent area. I was even thinking of maybe buying over there myself. Although I know that's not the best commute to my job in Clear Lake.
holy hall has some nice houses. it has a mixture of all races that stay in the holy hall apartments. holy hall is not as bad as the apartments in between south main and kirby though. that neighborhood is terrible over there. i had a friend that stayed in them apartments in between main and kirby across the street from reliant stadium, and they used to break into his and his wife's cars all the time and steal his cds, and his wife's in car stereo player. alot of katrina runaway criminals used to live out in them apartments also. and there were prostitutes parading around this neighborhood also at night. i forgot the names of the apartments, but they're right next to reliant stadium, and its also behind government buildings and a hotel when your exiting off 610.

yeah greenspoint (gunspoint) is a bad area, but its not as bad as it was in the mid to late 90s, but its still a pretty bad area. the houses and apartments look nice over there though, but don't let that fool you. iremember back in the days i used to hear gunshots in greenspoint every now and then, and i heard stories that they used to have shootouts on I- 45 in the greenspoint exit by the mall. somebody also commited suicide inside the greenspoint mall. dude blew his brains out in front of everybody in the mall while he was talking to somebody on a pay phone .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston