Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 11:18 PM

26 posts, read 87,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeyinhouston View Post
The nicest ones:

Memorial City
The Galleria
First Colony - Sugar Land
Baybrook
Willowbrook
Pearland Town Center - opening July 30.
wrote down the list ...thank you much
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2008, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kofi713 View Post
You REALLY need to check out The Galleria. It's the best shopping experience in Texas. I'm guessing you stay near The Woodlands, so just take I-45 to 610 and go east. It'll loop you around to Uptown. Take the Westheimer exit.

I must warn you, it is PACKED all day long.

Other than that, if you want to venture farther out, there is Memorial City Mall, which I think is the second or third best mall in Houston (The Woodlands Mall is nice, too). Memorial City Mall has a lot of nice development around it and is in an extremely upscale area. CityCentre Houston (under construction) opens in the Spring of '09. It is right next to Memorial City Mall. You may be able to see the cranes from the parking lot. I'm not sure and don't remember.
Really, wow, that's great!
I hope we could go this weekend, we're not in Houston at this time...
I can't drive yet so couldn't go to places by myself yet, so will sweet drag my SO lol

Old 07-09-2008, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasta empress View Post
Lady TX you are going to love the Galleria- last summer I worked 5 mins away from there and I had to resist going in there on my lunch hour every day. They have a nice range of stores from high end to lower end and a number of department stores. Also there are other stores around that Galleria vicinity- I seem to recall an Hermes store nearby- someone correct me if I'm wrong.

edited to add: the Rice area also has some shops and is very walkable its not a mall just stores on the street. There is also a nice salon in that area- near the MAC store (real specific I know) that gives great facials if you feel like getting some pampering.
rasta empress, now am really excited hahaha
Much as I would like to have one, I don't think I can afford to buy a Hermes at this time, but I can window shop lol

Re the Rice Area, why the name?

Also, do you happen to know some nice Asian hair salon, preferably owned by Japanese or Filipinos... my hair kind of needs monthly care maintenance and I haven't been to one since I got here...

Old 07-10-2008, 01:53 AM

106 posts, read 307,167 times
I think its properly called Rice Village, its the area around Rice University, there are little restaurants and bars and on a Saturday afternoon there are quite a few people ( and not just students) strolling around and shopping etc.

I can't help with a hairdresser as I do my hair myself hopefully someone else can be more helpful.

Old 07-10-2008, 11:20 AM

564 posts, read 2,045,335 times
Here are some other shopping "districts" of note in addition to the malls that were listed earlier:

- River Oaks Plaza (W. Gray Street between Shepherd and Woodhead).
- Uptown Park (Post Oak Blvd between Uptown Park Blvd and the West Loop).
- Highland Village (On Westheimer, just west Westlayan Drive)
- Rice Village (A multi-block "district" bounded by Kirby Drive, Morningside, Sunset Blvd and University Drive).
- Town & Country Village (Memorial Drive at the west Sam Houston Tollway)

Old 07-10-2008, 02:46 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,478,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyTX View Post
wrote down the list ...thank you much
oops, forgot The Woodlands Mall....nice

Old 09-16-2008, 08:31 PM

69 posts, read 239,750 times
Memorial City
The Galleria
First Colony - Sugar Land
Outlet Malls try
Katy Mills
The new one in Conroe

Old 09-17-2008, 06:39 PM

848 posts, read 2,127,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyTX View Post
rasta empress, now am really excited hahaha
Much as I would like to have one, I don't think I can afford to buy a Hermes at this time, but I can window shop lol

Re the Rice Area, why the name?

Also, do you happen to know some nice Asian hair salon, preferably owned by Japanese or Filipinos... my hair kind of needs monthly care maintenance and I haven't been to one since I got here...
Go along the streets of Bellaire Blvd, Bissonnet and Beechnut...tons of Asian salons owned by Chinese and Vietnamese.

Old 09-23-2008, 10:21 AM

4,789 posts, read 14,742,671 times
I'm Fillipino too, and the best Fillipino hangout is Fillipiniana, near 59 and Bissonet, buy Payless across from Sears. Best Fillipino food and buffet in town. Lots of people on Sat and Sun there, less on weekdays and I think they close at 6 M -F.

There's a cheap $4 haircut place run by Vietnamese on Bissonet near Bon Homme? The mall sign says $2.99 haircut.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston