Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2008, 08:31 AM
GSC GSC started this thread

1 posts, read 3,213 times

Advertisements

I am planning to shift to Houston from Canada and am looking for good neighbourhood with good High school, preferably with IB program. Less crime rate is also a target. Preference would be, also not a key factor, to be at a driveable distance from George Bush Park (my office is on Enclave Parkway). Would welcome your views.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2008, 09:34 AM

9,273 posts, read 26,486,142 times
Neighborhoods in zip codes 77079 or 77024 if your budget allows.

HAR.COM is a great source

Old 09-01-2008, 08:03 AM

657 posts, read 2,544,415 times
77079 would put you with Stratford High which is a very good public school. If you can afford it Nottingham Forest is nice. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nottingham_Forest_VIII
There's a number of parks in the area besides George Bush, depending on what you're looking for. I live close to Enclave Parkway and I go to Bush sometimes, but more often I go to Terry Hershey Park. The bike trail from Bush connects into Hershey and you'll probably find you spend more time in Hershey Park if you live in the area. Terry Hershey Park - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 09-01-2008, 10:35 AM

1,288 posts, read 4,935,739 times
All of Katy south of I-10 is a wonderful area, and Cinco Ranch HS and Seven Lakes HS are both top rated. This whole area is essentially bordering George Bush Park on the west side. Not sure what you're looking for exactly, but Cinco Ranch has great sidewalks and green trails for biking and hiking all over it, you can literally walk for miles through the whole community on sidewalks. I love that.

Old 09-01-2008, 08:28 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,114,186 times
If you don't want to move out to Houston's outer burbs (Katy, Cinco Ranch, etc.), there are plenty are good public schools in that area of Houston. I went to Westside HS, which is located just a few miles from your office, and had a great experience there. I would argue that the schools are better out in Katy but the area around your office is very family friendly and more diverse. Plus that part of Houston is more established and has older homes w/mature trees. You could easily find a house within biking/jogging distance of George Bush park, however it would probably be a little bit more expensive than Katy. I just recommend Houston because most people here will point you out to the far flung suburbs but Houston still has plenty to offer for families.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston