Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2012, 09:58 PM

1,574 posts, read 2,964,944 times

Advertisements

I heard Booker T stay in Houston.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2012, 10:09 PM

4,376 posts, read 4,616,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnhw2 View Post
Houston is not a tourist place nor one where celebrities hang out in numbers in line with its size. Its a city for people wanting to live where their lives as they wise with good jobs and reasonable cost of living for what they are able to earn. Celebrites have a way of living that doesnt appeal to me and some of their values or lack there of isnt aligned with my world view. So thankfully they dont over populate Houston.....
It was simply a thread about celebs living in Houston. No need for the same tired rhetoric on why one thinks why people move to Houston. And yes all celebs have the same lack of morals and no values in LIFE. You nailed them all perfectly *sarcastic*

Old 08-16-2012, 10:17 PM

3,283 posts, read 6,048,839 times
Richard Dean Anderson (McGuyver) lived in Kingwood back in the day when I was there. Same with George Foreman but he now lives elsewhere in Houston I believe. One of the Saudi royal family members owns a house in River Oaks (not that he actually lives in it). I imagine someone from ZZ top has a house here. I want to say I remember someone spouting off about knowing a daughter of one of theirs.

At one of the Houston Press events Slim Thug told everyone they could catch him almost any day around 4 running in Memorial Park. Never tried to catch up with him

i'm sure there has gotta be quite a few pro athletes in houston whether they play for a houston team or not

Old 08-16-2012, 10:45 PM

1,475 posts, read 2,770,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by testmo View Post
Richard Dean Anderson (McGuyver) lived in Kingwood back in the day when I was there. Same with George Foreman but he now lives elsewhere in Houston I believe. One of the Saudi royal family members owns a house in River Oaks (not that he actually lives in it). I imagine someone from ZZ top has a house here. I want to say I remember someone spouting off about knowing a daughter of one of theirs.

At one of the Houston Press events Slim Thug told everyone they could catch him almost any day around 4 running in Memorial Park. Never tried to catch up with him

i'm sure there has gotta be quite a few pro athletes in houston whether they play for a houston team or not
Did Richard Anderson live in Kingwood "after" McGuyver?

Old 08-16-2012, 10:47 PM

Here is a list of celebrities that live in the Woodlands.

Old 08-16-2012, 10:59 PM

http://www.angelfire.com/tx6/houstoncelebrity/

This site has a nice list.

Old 08-17-2012, 12:02 AM

848 posts, read 2,126,828 times
Lee Majors and his wife Faith moved from Beverly Hills to Houston.

"Six Million Dollar Man" Lee Majors, wife Faith move to Houston - Houston Chronicle

Remember "Six-Million Dollar Man" and "Fall Guy?"

Old 08-17-2012, 04:38 AM

341 posts, read 802,813 times
Jim Nantz (CBS) and Adrian Peterson (brother plays HS football here). I think Shaq still lives here.

Old 08-17-2012, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldlyman View Post
Lee Majors and his wife Faith moved from Beverly Hills to Houston.

"Six Million Dollar Man" Lee Majors, wife Faith move to Houston - Houston Chronicle

Remember "Six-Million Dollar Man" and "Fall Guy?"
Do I remember? Those were my two favorite shows growing up as a kid and Lee was my favorite actor. That really made my day hearing he moved to Houston. Thanks for posting that.

Old 08-17-2012, 09:49 AM

739 posts, read 1,187,307 times
There are more high-profile celebs from here, than live here... lol
but that's understandable. They live where the work is.

There are a couple of gospel singers that live here.

George H. W. Bush and his wife live here

I kinda think (don't know really) that more may own property here than live here. Again, not saying that for certain. Just a hunch. Secondly, I think they are more likely to pass thru and/or visit than actually live here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston