Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 06:24 PM

2,480 posts, read 7,136,060 times

Advertisements

I was looking at a model Highland home today, and it seemed very nice, and the standards included a lot...like granite countertops in the kitchen, bay windows, covered porch, etc. I don't know anything about this builder...any one have any experience with them? The prices seemed reasonable too. Right now they are offering $20,000 off if you build plus an additional $3,000 off if you go with their lender. They have even better discounts on the inventory homes...but I would have to sell my current house first. Plus they have a deal where they will sell your home...would have to find out more about that.

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks! Oh...I live in the Humble area right now, and this builder is in Eagle Springs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2008, 07:24 PM

410 posts, read 1,681,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhafer View Post
I was looking at a model Highland home today, and it seemed very nice, and the standards included a lot...like granite countertops in the kitchen, bay windows, covered porch, etc. I don't know anything about this builder...any one have any experience with them? The prices seemed reasonable too. Right now they are offering $20,000 off if you build plus an additional $3,000 off if you go with their lender. They have even better discounts on the inventory homes...but I would have to sell my current house first. Plus they have a deal where they will sell your home...would have to find out more about that.

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks! Oh...I live in the Humble area right now, and this builder is in Eagle Springs.

The dealings I've had with them ...have been good. I epecially like the flexability of the "casita" floorplan and the old world charm. Just be sure to have a new home inspection. Even new homes, can have issues...Best of success...Sunny

Old 11-21-2008, 08:05 PM

152 posts, read 537,203 times
we built with Highland in Telfair... very satisfied with the home. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhafer View Post

Old 11-22-2008, 12:19 PM

4,207 posts, read 15,250,942 times
Highland Homes has one of the best products in the industry. Don't be fooled by the 20K price reduction. You can still negotiate more especially if the home is already in in the framing stage or past it.

Naima

Old 11-23-2008, 02:44 PM

799 posts, read 3,692,574 times
I agree Highland homes are awesome! Great floor plans, I love the casitas too!

Old 01-21-2009, 10:50 PM

1,042 posts, read 3,263,241 times
Anybody know what type of incentives Highland is offering right now on there move in ready homes?? In Eagle Springs...

Old 01-25-2009, 08:05 PM

1 posts, read 12,638 times
Are they building in silver ranch (new community next to cinco ranch?)

Old 01-25-2009, 08:26 PM

447 posts, read 1,765,374 times
As far as I know, Meritage, Brighton and J. Patrick are the homebuilders in Silver Ranch

Old 01-27-2009, 03:22 PM

109 posts, read 581,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by havana View Post
Are they building in silver ranch (new community next to cinco ranch?)
Hi,

They are not building in Silver Ranch, but they are building in the 55', 60', 70' and 80' sections of Cinco Ranch with prices ranging from the high $220's to over $500k.

Great builder with wonderful front elevations (that make them look a little different than the other "cookie cutter" homes) and unique interior designs/layout, terrific standard features and good customer service. They pay a lot of attention to detail. They have a good reputation in the RE industry, but the reason why you probably haven't heard much about them is because they're family-owned and only build around 2,600 homes/year in Austin, San Antonio, Dallas and Houston.

Old 01-27-2009, 03:28 PM

187 posts, read 714,231 times
I saw a Highland model in Eagle Springs a couple of weeks ago, and was really unimpressed....odd layout, not the best use of space, and really fake looking "plastic" garage doors. Based on that, we bypassed looking at any of their other homes in the area and another development.

The next time we went back to Eagle Springs, we were killing time and decided to check out another Highland model. It was a larger home and, IMO, appeared to have a better layout and better quality materials. So, I guess it depends on the model/plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyeAnjel View Post
Great floor plans, I love the casitas too!
What are the casitas?? I don't recall seeing or hearing anything about casitas when we checked out the models, and there's no mention in any of the marketing brochures/plans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston