Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 05:11 AM

2,480 posts, read 7,138,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
Maybe 4-5 years ago that was true, but now Austin has 4 Toll Ways! TX45, Loop 1, 130, and 183-A. Also at least 2 more under construction, HWY 290W and TX45 South. It's becoming toll city down here. All work with the EZ-TAG, though.

What Austin doesn't have yet, is a toll highway called a "Turnpike," a la the George Bush in DFW..
Good to know...It's been several years since I have lived there!! I used to live off of Mopac for a couple of years. But now I don't have any family there, so never had a reason to go back!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2008, 05:48 AM

421 posts, read 1,726,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhafer View Post
EZ tags are totally worth it!! They do stick to your windshield...I have mine in front of my rear-view mirror so I can't even see it when sitting in my car, but the scanners pick it up just fine.

Go to this website:
Getting an EZ TAG (http://houston.about.com/od/transportation/ht/eztag.htm - broken link)

Your EZ TAG will work on all lanes of the Dallas North Tollway, the President George Bush Turnpike, the Addison Airport Toll Tunnel and the Mountain Creek Lake Bridge. DFW International Airport will not accept your EZ TAG. (Dallas is the only other major city in Texas that has a Toll Way that I know of...Austin and San Antonio do not)

The EZ TAG program allows motorists to prepay their tolls using a major credit card or direct debit payment option. The EZ TAG itself is a small credit-card sized device that adheres to the inside of the windshield. Tolls are electronically deducted from their account. When the EZ TAG account reaches the minimum balance level, it automatically recharges (or debits) the customer's credit card or bank account to bring it back to the original deposit amount.

With EZ TAG there is no minimum usage requirement.

What You Need:

• Driver's License Number
  • $40.00 USD
Actually the initial price is $55 per vehicle. There is a one time fee of $15 in addition to your $40 EZ Tag prepayment.

Old 11-23-2008, 08:53 AM

5 posts, read 22,472 times
EZ Tag can also be used to pay for airport parking. Very convenient.

Old 11-24-2008, 10:24 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,287,618 times
The TxTag from the Texas DOT costs less than the EZTag for initial cost.

They'll sign you up online and mail it out to you within a couple of days.

Rather have the funds go to the state than the HCTRA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: