Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 07:33 AM

21 posts, read 120,503 times

Advertisements

Does anyone live in Imperial Okas, and can you tell me if you are happy with it? I have 2 boys (10 & 7), and we are interested in moving to Imperial Oaks. Currently, we are renting a house in Indian Springs, and we love the Woodlands access to recreation and safety and schools. But, we would like to get a house for $230-250K, and the homes that are listed in the Woodlands are either older or will need lots of upgrades. You can get so much more for your money East of 45, but I'm not sure what the long term prospects are...is the area growing? Lots of recreation (swim, soccer, etc)? Happy with schools?

Any input would be really appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2009, 08:35 AM

187 posts, read 714,281 times
No input here, but wanted to join in b/c I'm interested in similar information.We are renting a home in Sterling Ridge. Like you said, we enjoy the access to the amenities, but I'd like to know more about other options outside of TW...not just based on price, but on schools, amenities, growth plans, lifestyle, etc.

Old 01-13-2009, 08:50 AM

9,273 posts, read 26,487,875 times
All schools districts offer the same education in their schools. It's all the same format. What differs is parental envolvement and socio-econimical makeup.A little diversity is actually a good thing in my book. I've heard good things about Oak Ridge, but haven't hear much about Imperial Oaks. Maybe someone here can help more.

Old 01-13-2009, 05:42 PM

8,895 posts, read 19,991,725 times
Have a relative who lives in Imperial Oaks (2 young daughters) and they absolutely love it. In fact, just sold their home and moved into a larger one -- still within Imperial Oaks.

Old 02-04-2009, 07:53 PM

26 posts, read 107,216 times
I have three good friends who live there, they all love it, nothing but good stuff.

Old 06-22-2009, 06:56 AM

166 posts, read 682,493 times
Imperial Oaks is a nice place to live, BUT we are thinking about moving because it seems like the dynamic of the area is going down a bit. People riding by with loud music playing, cars parked on the street instead of in the driveway or garage area, more break ins, etc.

Old 06-22-2009, 08:43 AM

228 posts, read 1,000,605 times
Ive lived in IO since 1991, and I love it. We looked in The Woodlands, but decided to build here instead. Ive never had any problems, and live on a quiet street. I think you will find noise and cars parked on a street anywhere you go, unless you have a huge lot with a LONG drive way, which is one of those mansions over in TW.

Old 06-22-2009, 08:46 AM

228 posts, read 1,000,605 times
And as far as the break ins go...Ive heard nothing lately about car break ins in IO, but TWs has had a rash of break ins of cars parked on the street or drive way...its not always people that live in these areas, but people that come in from outside the area to do mischief....

Old 06-22-2009, 12:58 PM

1,922 posts, read 2,777,624 times
The woodlands is very nice, but in this case, in Imperial Oaks, Spring Trails, Legends Ranch your dollar goes further.

You should have no worries about growth or long term property value. The growth in nearly all of South Montgomery County is best described as explosive, and it's not about to stop any time soon. Even in the 'bad' parts of the area (Fox Run, Timberlakes, Legends Run) property values have continued to climb at a steady pace.

If I wanted to live in a typical neighborhood with an over reaching high dollar HOA, and my neighbor's house 3 feet from mine, I would definitely consider it, it's a nice place.

Old 06-22-2009, 01:07 PM

9,273 posts, read 26,487,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DotLib View Post
And as far as the break ins go...Ive heard nothing lately about car break ins in IO, but TWs has had a rash of break ins of cars parked on the street or drive way...its not always people that live in these areas, but people that come in from outside the area to do mischief....

It's the teens doing most, if not all of the "mischief" in TW. They think messing up cars,burning parks, chopping down trees across roads, and destroying neighborhood signs are high entertainment. If a thug was going to travel to do "mischief" they're a lot more wealthier and closer neighborhoods than The Woodlands to screw with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston