Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 05:52 AM

454 posts, read 1,586,212 times

Advertisements

That just sounds funny. Looking for a good sports bar to watch the NFC championship game on Sunday.......wait for it..........wait for it.........with my wife. All you are missing is a quick dun-dun-tat on the drums.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2010, 06:30 AM

967 posts, read 2,610,628 times
There is (was?) a Sport Bar in Villagio (Westheimer Pkwy & Peek) Sorry, I forget the name of it, but it is in the front facing Westheimer Parkway.

I say "was" because that Villagio is a wierd place, very pretty, in the heart of Cinco, but businesses open and shut down in that center crazy frequently ... and not being a sport nut, it's been a year since I had been by there... but was told it was a great place

Old 01-21-2010, 06:37 AM

14 posts, read 36,655 times
haha thats great... dont be jeleous lane_change.
anyway, aside from the obvious, BW3's (which doesnt even have 3 w's), i couldnt resist and we went to bakers street last night, not a sports bar but they have lots of TV's and its half bar half rest. but thats all i know.
We've lived out here for about 1 month now, so i'm not really versed yet either. We did take a drive on westheimer parkway exiting 99 and going east, and there was suprisingly a lot of interesting establishments out there (bout a 1/2 mile or more in). but other than that, i'm useless.

Old 01-26-2010, 10:18 PM

108 posts, read 231,583 times
I'm in for a meetup.

Old 01-29-2010, 07:33 AM

1,326 posts, read 3,452,172 times
Default HOA Meeting last night

Did anyone here go to the HOA meeting last night?
If so, what issues were discussed?

Old 02-02-2010, 01:49 PM

4 posts, read 9,017 times
How are the castlerock homes? They seem to offer the most incentives I was wondering if this means thay are just not good homes or are they pretty similar to other builders in WLN? They offer a media room, game room, 4 bedrroms and money for upgrades and closing costs? Anyone know about Castlerock from experience? Moving from SD and want a mortgage A LOT less than what paid in SD that is our main goal with going with big home for a lot less money?? Please let me know about Castlerock??

Old 02-02-2010, 02:05 PM

4 posts, read 9,017 times
We are thinking of going with Castlerock on their biggest cul de sac lot whick is a lot bigger than the smaller lots. Does anyone know about castlerock houses? They offered so much for so little and it is in WLN with Katy ISD, (we have 11 year old) on a huge lot? I feel like it is a good idea but since I am moving from CA I just want to hear from you. We could have gone with Westin (same house pretty much but a lot less incentives) and the lot is tiny with NO backyard. Will I be dissappointed with Castlerock or should I go for it being it is a low monthly payment with a huge cul de sac lot? (We want a pool eventually)

Old 02-02-2010, 02:29 PM

Sorry, I don't know much about CR other than that they are a new builder in WLN. I know they are primarily a smaller home builder (at least for Texas), and it seems that Meritage and Westin are the home builders that offer the larger floor plans in WLN. CR has a few floor plans in the mid-high 2000's, but I don't think they offer anything in the 3000' area. For all intensive purposes, they are plenty large houses...for some reason though, Texas makes people think they need tons of space. When I was in SD, our house felt fine and it was only 1600 sq/ft. Then in Houston, our first house was 2400 sq/ft and felt fine...now I have 3700 sq/ft and it feels fine. But if I think back, I have more than double the sq/ft I used to live in and I always thought my houses have felt fine. I don't get it. I do like WLN for the money, it is not as nice as CR, or other SW Katy neighborhoods, but it is still a nice area and for $50k+ in savings compared to CR and others, I was perfectly fine with WLN for the savings, or bigger house, or however you want to justify the $50k difference.

I am also from San Diego however...so if you end up in this area, hit me up sometime.

Old 02-02-2010, 02:32 PM

My biggest regret about my build in WLN was that I did not opt for the cul-de-sac corner lot....I should have went with a larger lot and cheaper interior upgrades and I didn't. I bought an oversized lot, but not the back corner lots for the extra $20k more...so if given the option again today, I would go with the bigger lot. Just my .02.

Old 02-05-2010, 10:01 AM

31 posts, read 128,289 times
Hi there.

We are currently looking at a house in WLN and I have read all the threads here about WLN and the ones about Entouch. I noticed a thread was going about getting a petition going and then the thread was closed. Any idea why?

Any of you that have been there a while, do you regret it? How are the services? My husband and I are both in the technical field and need reliable internet. Is this possible?

Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston