Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2009, 09:11 PM

159 posts, read 565,973 times

Advertisements

Please let me know if you think this area is a good place to live. Is this a safe area? Does anyone know anything about this location?

HAR LISTING
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2009, 10:28 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,119,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanewidick View Post
Please let me know if you think this area is a good place to live. Is this a safe area? Does anyone know anything about this location?

HAR LISTING
Hey buddy, still looking huh? Well I had a friend who lived a few miles north on Hwy 6 and it wouldn't be a place where I'd want to raise a family. However, I think where you are at is a better area as he lived on the border of Mission Bend and you live on the border of Sugar Land. I would imagine your neighborhood is going to be pretty diverse and have a range of incomes. The only bad I would say is you are still looking at a long commute, probably +45 minutes just because you are pretty far away from freeways to get you to your job.

Old 03-10-2009, 12:07 PM

1,192 posts, read 3,483,767 times
I have a friend that lives very close. No crime problem, he likes the neighbors, he's divorced and he has custody of one kid tand the other visits - the neighborhood children are great with them. However, that's a good point that it's a long way from either 10 or 59 freeways so a long time getting to anyother part of Houston metropolitan area. However route 6 that runs thru N-S is a great street for shopping (it's the size of a freeway - 6 or 8 lanes - but many traffic lights).

Old 03-10-2009, 03:43 PM

159 posts, read 565,973 times
Not looking anymore. We just got accepted on an offer for a home in the Highlands Subdivision in Sugarland. Thanks for your help everyone!!

Old 03-10-2009, 06:36 PM

4,760 posts, read 13,828,505 times
Quote:
Not looking anymore. We just got accepted on an offer for a home in the Highlands Subdivision in Sugarland. Thanks for your help everyone!!
Welcome to Sugar Land! It is a great place to live and I hope your family is very happy here.

Old 06-12-2009, 07:05 AM

1 posts, read 2,029 times
Default Do you recommend the Highlands Subdivision of Sugarland?

Quote:

hello. I am contemplating a move into the Highlands subdivision of Sugarland. Do you recommend it? How are the Dulles schools? With their proximity to the Stafford I am wondering about their ratings and programs available to students. Any pros and cons would be GREATLY appreciated. If not this subdivision I am thinking about the ChimneyStone section just down the street on Highway 6 at Settlers Way.

THANKS!!!!

Old 06-12-2009, 09:18 AM

5,429 posts, read 14,844,510 times
On the listing originally mentioned: Yes, I'd consider this safe. Looking on a map, seems to be right up FM 1464 from Austin High School. Shiloh Lake Estates just south on the other side of the road (Richmond addresses) is multi-million dollar homes. The Aliana development is also nearby. Further north a few miles is Mission Bend, which is very diverse but still a relatively safe area.

Regarding The Highlands: This is a great location being that it's so close to the Sugar Land Town Center and just about everything else. The schools are good. The only drawback to that subdivision is that the homes are small (and older, many in a 1970's and early 80's style). A lot of the residents there have converted their garages into additional living space because of the small home sizes.

Old 06-12-2009, 09:32 AM

1,668 posts, read 4,707,915 times
I'm familiar with The Highlands, yes the homes are small. I'm just curious where they park their cars if they live in a home with a converted garage? If I remember correctly, the garages are all up front in those homes, so where would they build a new garage after converting?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston