Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 05:27 AM

207 posts, read 714,696 times

Advertisements

I remember going to a couple of his bible studies back in the 80's. He was a former petrochemical engineer/archialogist turned bible teacher and was always in pretty good shape. He had a mind like a steel trap. He really knows his bible. He put out tons of cassette tapes. My favorite was the creation and the flood series. I was wondering if he was still alive. He was having some heart trouble. Did he ever change his mind about Genesis 6?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2009, 08:39 AM

298 posts, read 954,849 times
If it's the same one, he sponsors a bible study in the Woodlands every Tuesday night:

http://www.floydjones.org/index2.html (broken link)

Old 06-06-2009, 03:18 PM

207 posts, read 714,696 times
Default OK. Its about time he got a website

I'm glad to see he's still kickin'

Old 01-17-2012, 03:03 PM

3 posts, read 17,448 times
Is Floyd Jones still doing the bible study in 2012 ? Location ?

Old 01-17-2012, 04:06 PM

3,333 posts, read 9,173,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peph-inc View Post
Is Floyd Jones still doing the bible study in 2012 ? Location ?
No, he's now doing the Kuhran study. Did you even look at the link?

Sheesh.

Old 01-17-2012, 05:17 PM

Default Why the sheesh

That link is dead.
I did see a message on another site about him saying the bible study would start again Sept. 13,2011.
Woodlands Bible study

Old 01-18-2012, 01:33 PM

3,333 posts, read 9,173,790 times
Then I profusely apologize.

Ronnie

Old 01-18-2012, 05:16 PM

Anyone know who is teaching the bible study out in Woodlands area which is listed on Floyd's site ? The link I gave doesn't specify & no way to contact anyone related to ask. TIA>

Old 03-01-2016, 08:05 PM

2 posts, read 6,740 times
March 1, 2016: Truth be told, THERE IS NO BIBLE STUDY. Nothing but a dark parking lot adjacent to a building that likely hosted the study at one time. Now there is a business at that location, but no Floyd Jones.

I drove over to the address listed on the website, Spring Ridge Drive. NOTHING. I saw a few cars in the parking lot and asked someone if Dr. Jones is teaching tonight. They had no idea what I was talking about. The location is on a dark, creepy side street off of Rayford Sawdust, very close to I-45. Don't waste your time and gas. Floyd obviously is out of the game. He must be 80 now or very close to it. The last time I saw him was circa 2010. He was teaching in a small but nice room in what appeared to be a condo complex on the other side of the freeway on Rayford Sawdust. He'd recently had both knees replaced AND was diagnosed with deadly skin cancer....melanoma. He was quite composed about it all. I was stunned. I'd known him since the 80s and always managed to find my way back to hear him teach after long absences of travel, etc.

A couple of years before 2010, he was teaching and suddenly mentioned out of nowhere that if he was ever diagnosed with cancer, he would refuse treatment and let it take its course.
In 2010, he had a different outlook and said he was going to have treatments for the melanoma. I was shocked because I remembered his previous comments and it seemed as if he knew he was going to get cancer at some point. Self-fulfilling prophecy.

I haven't seen him since 2010 and wonder, after tonight's futility, if he has died. It's either that or perhaps he is too elderly and infirm to handle the Bible study at this point in 2016.

In any event, don't waste your energy trying to get a response from [EMAIL="help@floydjonesministries.com"]help@floydjonesministries.com[/EMAIL]. That address is listed on the website but the webmaster refuses to even answer a valid question.
I emailed twice last week, merely asking if the Bible study was still in effect, because it's posted that the study resumed in 2011. That's awhile ago and I had a feeling the study is OFF and my feeling was confirmed tonight.

The webmaster didn't even have the Christian courtesy to answer my inquiries and to let me know there IS NO BIBLE STUDY and that Dr. Jones has passed on or is not able to hold the study any longer. Very rude!

So, my trip was in vain. There is no Bible study at that address or any address. Why Floyd Jones or a spokesperson can't or won't post this honestly on the internet is very odd. I'm sure I'm not the only dummy who went to the website and saw the erroneous information, only to drive over there and be disappointed and mystified. None of it makes any sense.

I truly hope this post helps others to realize that Floyd may well be gone, with Jesus Christ, and no more Bible study on this side of eternity, folks. He will be sorely missed by those of us who knew him and loved his intense exposition of God's Word. His wonderful sense of humor is irreplaceable.

The webmaster needs to be rebuked for not answering inquiries! Why he or she is perpetuating this CHARADE is inexcusable and ungodly!

Old 03-01-2016, 08:10 PM

2 posts, read 6,740 times
Ooops, the website address that no one answers is [email]help@floydnolenjones.com[/email]. The address I listed in my previous post is incorrect. In any event, don't bother to write. You will not get any help, but will be IGNORED.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston