Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 03:44 PM

38 posts, read 137,382 times

Advertisements

It really depends on which system you want. I wanted the highest flow rate possible because I didn't want the problem of low flow if I was using my water...like dishes, laundry etc. while the kids were taking a bath. I also got an R/O that didn't have what they call a propietary filter...which means that you have to get the filters changed from the company that you purchased it from at a very high rate. I can purchase my filters anywhere! Also to the person that said that you have to change the filters every 3-6 mths....if you have a softener system with the R/O you maybe have to change them once a year. The company I bought from has said that they will test them when a year is up & let me know if I need to change them at that time. A year just passed & they came out & told me my filters were still ok & that they didn't need to be changed yet! I really liked that they were honest about it and even said they would come back out again in 6 mths & check them again....all at NO CHARGE to me! If you want to know the exact system that I bought....which was the top of the line system from Dupure exactly! ( and Dupure wanted over $4000! .. I paid less than half!)....just private message me & I will give you all the details.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2009, 09:32 PM

454 posts, read 1,586,212 times
I just agreed to buy an Ecowater ERR 3502 system and RO. The total price came to $4099 for everything installed. I have seen cheaper systems from other companies, but was not impressed with their systems overall. The ERR system does not have any KDF filters to ever replace, which cost about $150-200 and you need to replace them ever 6-12 months depending on who you talk to. The system also comes with a lifetime warranty, lifetime moving allowances, etc...where most systems I saw carried no warranty, 1-2 yr, and some had a 10 yr warranty. I did not do alot of research before calling Ecowater, but from everything I read, it seems to be considered one of the better systems, but after reading this thread, I am beginning to wonder if I am looking to pay $2k extra simply for the name, or if there truly is a difference in quality, maintenance, etc...by going this route vs. another system. They are supposed to install the system tomorrow, but I don't know...maybe I should just cancel the order and shop around some more. Anyone have any experience with Ecowater? Anyone receive any quotes from Ecowater for this system? I had a good salesman, that's for sure...so kudo's to him, but damn, I don't want to pay $2k too much, but I want a trouble free system that I don't need to think about except for changing the salt, and the in home remote module will tell me when I need to add salt, change the membrane on the RO unit, and everything for me.

Old 08-18-2009, 12:58 PM

18 posts, read 83,977 times
I would shop around some more. Ecowater is good, but you're probably paying a bit more for the name. I paid $1.5 k for my softener and ro system installed., very happy for the past 9 months so far. Even if it only lasts 5-10 years, I could almost buy 2 more for your original price of $4k.

Old 08-18-2009, 01:52 PM

38 posts, read 137,382 times
I got quotes from all the companies...Ecowater, Kinetico, Dupure, Rainsoft, Raine Systems. I did real thorough research before I went with Affordable Quality Water. Every company was more than double the amount that I paid. My system came with a lifetime warranty. The salesman was the owner & operator of the company. He showed me where he had worked for some of the other companies as the service tech. mgr. before opening his own company. He had real & honest answers for my questions because he knows the systems from the ground up not just as a "trained salesman". I had the option of getting the kdf if I wanted it. He explained all the pros & cons of getting it. It was nice to have the option & knowledge before deciding. I don't have to worry if I have to have any service done on my system..(it has been trouble free!!) because I see the company in my neighborhood all the time installing systems & they always stop when they see me to see if I need anything! Thats such a nice feeling to know that they are not "afraid" to see me after they made the sale! The only thing I've had to do is add salt. I recommend this company & their systems because I saw the EXACT systems going for more than double what I paid right in the design center for my home builder. I too almost got ripped off by paying a much higher price just for the name. Plus most of my neighbors here in Firethorne recommended them! The ones that went with other companies had such trouble trying to reach them after they bought their system just to ask a question...not to mention that they were angry that they paid a much higher price for the exact system! I have told several of my friends about them & they have ALL bought from this company & haven't found one that has regretted it. Moderator cut: company removed. please use dm

Last edited by Jammie; 08-18-2009 at 10:51 PM.. Reason: company site removed. Please use DM

Old 08-19-2009, 02:45 PM

37 posts, read 158,829 times
Do not buy any appliance thinking it will last a life time.
The co. might not even be in business in 10 years, and
10 years from now you will find much better, cheaper and more efficient systems, that will make
your's look like a diaonausors. Plus used, of course. Sure, water system do not get obsolete as fast as computers....
but 10 to 15 years is pretty much a good expectation.
So, factor that in your purchase. Better to buy a $2K system every 10 years, than
buy a $4k with the idea that it is a life time purchase, in mop.

Old 05-29-2013, 09:42 PM

1 posts, read 2,788 times
Default Softener

Can you PM me the spec and price of water softener that you bought? I am looking for one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston