Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 01:36 PM

739 posts, read 2,262,670 times

Advertisements

Would anyone want to start a watch for these subdivisions like a combined one? The reason is that there has been a huge increase in the frequency and density of graffitti on Bammel North Houston, Veterans Memorial, Antoine near Veterans Memorial, Gears, and Walters, and Walters road. I believe that something occured that has reactivated gangs that were either dormant or not doing much. It might be possible to catch them and have them arrested and dismantle the gangs. There is graffitti that says SUR, BXK, F8, and i have seen 2 people making ms-13 signs.

Last edited by chad.roper; 07-12-2009 at 01:37 PM.. Reason: fghbgfhgfh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2009, 02:12 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,813,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad.roper View Post
Would anyone want to start a watch for these subdivisions like a combined one? The reason is that there has been a huge increase in the frequency and density of graffitti on Bammel North Houston, Veterans Memorial, Antoine near Veterans Memorial, Gears, and Walters, and Walters road. I believe that something occured that has reactivated gangs that were either dormant or not doing much. It might be possible to catch them and have them arrested and dismantle the gangs. There is graffitti that says SUR, BXK, F8, and i have seen 2 people making ms-13 signs.
Those areas are not safe.

Old 07-12-2009, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
Those areas are not safe.
Torrey Forest is safe where I live we have 3 story houses.

Old 07-12-2009, 02:26 PM

1,211 posts, read 3,558,470 times
Quote:
Torrey Forest is safe where I live we have 3 story houses.
How does that alone make it "safe"?

Old 07-12-2009, 03:54 PM

because there are 3 sheriffs, 2 constables, and a US marshall that live around me

Old 07-12-2009, 06:39 PM

1,211 posts, read 3,558,470 times
.....all y'all have three story houses?

Old 07-12-2009, 08:42 PM

1,336 posts, read 6,447,239 times
You can setup a machine gun next on the third floor.

Old 07-13-2009, 08:00 AM

279 posts, read 724,925 times
The best way to combat grafitti, IMHO, is to paint over it FAST. They do it because they want their "art" visible to their pals. If it doesn't hang around long, they'll find somewhere else to tag.

Old 07-20-2009, 09:37 PM

5,429 posts, read 14,846,008 times
Quote:
Quote:
We have wierd people roaming through my subdivision on Torrey Forest. They come out of the apartments on the corner of Bammel North Houston and Veterans Memorial and look for stuff to steal. They roam on Torrey Forest, Torrey Chase, Sablechase, and Sableridge streets looking for stuff to steal.
That area has been declining for probably a decade or more. It used to be a commercial/shopping area that served a lot of those subdivisions north of FM 1960. Eventually I think those residents must have started going elsewhere.

And aren't all these zoned to the same Spring ISD schools (Wells/Westfield) that keep getting complaints about them on this board? Now it's all making sense...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDeb View Post
The best way to combat grafitti, IMHO, is to paint over it FAST. They do it because they want their "art" visible to their pals. If it doesn't hang around long, they'll find somewhere else to tag.
Sounds like good advice. Take a picture of it first to show the police though.

Old 07-21-2009, 07:49 AM

2,628 posts, read 8,834,981 times
When I lived in Ponderosa Forest over ten years ago, the Sheriffs spoke at one of the HOA meetings. I remember him saying when he turned south on Veteran's Memorial from 1960 he immediately was on a higher alert because there was a very high gang concentration in that area.

It has been bad for a while. More or less Veteran's Memorial is the dividing line between Spring ISD and Klein. Klein being on the west side of the street.

Some areas like the Heights have groups that abate the graffiti. I agree with the post that you have to get it down right away. It creeps onto stop signs and utility boxes around my neighborhood and I keep cans of goof off and gray paint and I personally take it down the day it goes up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: