Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2009, 06:15 PM

247 posts, read 737,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
Yes, they unfortunately made that mistake for the first time in many, many years. I'll give them that, though, because Obamabots were suckered into so much and the competition...frankly...sucked.
President Obama must have read Proverbs more than once in his life. Wisdom, civility and eloquence are qualities that he has in abundance. Even when confronted by incivility and racism he turns the other cheek. I personally think God placed him in office because this nation needs a leader who exemplifies the principle of "love your neighbor as yourself". There is certainly nothing botlike in my thinking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2009, 07:39 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,402,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy/Artist/Lawyer View Post
President Obama must have read Proverbs more than once in his life. Wisdom, civility and eloquence are qualities that he has in abundance. Even when confronted by incivility and racism he turns the other cheek. I personally think God placed him in office because this nation needs a leader who exemplifies the principle of "love your neighbor as yourself". There is certainly nothing botlike in my thinking.
Benign "wisdom", civility and eloquence are not requirements to be POTUS--they're merely ways to sucker people during a campaign. Anyone with skills in debate or acting can do that. The man has ZERO qualifications to be president. I mean, first of all, he's a damn Senator, so you know he's a liar right off the bat (and hey, as long as you accept that, that's okay by me) ...and he's proving his incompetence with every blunder he's made so far. I have never in my life seen such a huge mistake as far as elections go. People so desperate for "change". That's working out brilliantly. Lemmings...right off the cliff. Hell, I can at least name a few things I thought Clinton did okay with during his first days in office. This guy? Good lord. No.

BTW, is there a Proverbs in the Quran? Somehow, I don't think he takes what you call "wisdom" from the Holy Bible.

(Hey tstone, was that good enough? I thought it wasn't half bad for a girl who likes to listen/read to varied sources and make up her own mind about the topics of the day.)

Of course, this is all just my "opinion". It doesn't mean that I think you personally are stupid or a lemming, but I do think ya got a little bit suckered.

Old 09-13-2009, 07:49 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,549,686 times
Quote:
Benign "wisdom", civility and eloquence are not requirements to be POTUS
No joke. If they had been, George W. Bush wouldn't have ever been president.

Old 09-13-2009, 07:52 PM

3,106 posts, read 9,122,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
No joke. If they had been, George W. Bush wouldn't have ever been president.

Old 09-13-2009, 08:12 PM

8,895 posts, read 19,993,079 times
If our healthcare package goes the way of Canada - help us. Apparently your dog can get an MRI within one day in Canada but if a person needs one it can be one to two months before you can get in. ............ guess a lot of really sick people will be asking their vet to do an MRI for them.

Old 09-13-2009, 08:50 PM

190 posts, read 575,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas7 View Post
If our healthcare package goes the way of Canada - help us. Apparently your dog can get an MRI within one day in Canada but if a person needs one it can be one to two months before you can get in. ............ guess a lot of really sick people will be asking their vet to do an MRI for them.
We already NEED help. Our healthcare system is SO broken. Your doctor doesn't really get to make the decisions concerning your treatment anymore, it's in the hands of the insurance companies. I've had doctor prescribed medications denied coverage because the insurance company didn't feel it was necessary. Nevermind the fact my doctor and I had tried MANY other things that ended up NOT working, but the one thing that would...nope, no coverage. Also, a few months ago, I had to have an emergency surgery to remove my appendix because it was about to rupture. My insurance company messed around and wouldn't preapprove the surgery at first causing me to get SICKER, requiring more treatment even though the surgeons said it needed to come out immediately. A four hour delay, a 105.3 degree fever spike, many rounds of antibiotics and painkillers and THEN the insurance company decided, hey...maybe she really is in need of the surgery...

THIS is our current health "care" system. It NEEDS to be fixed. At least SOMEONE is trying to do that and keeping the actual people in mind...and not the bottom line.

Old 09-14-2009, 08:18 AM

Kanye West is a turd.

Old 09-14-2009, 09:21 AM

3,106 posts, read 9,122,562 times
Quote:
Kanye West is a turd.
Yes. WTH is wrong with that guy's brain?

At least Beyonce showed some class & grace when she accepted her award by inviting Taylor Swift up for proper recognition.

Old 09-14-2009, 11:03 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,915,922 times
Quote:
Kanye West is a turd.
Ratings ploy, trying to make MTV relevant again...I asked some teenagers if they watched MTV and their response was no one over 12-13 watches it.

Old 09-14-2009, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampaguita View Post
Yes. WTH is wrong with that guy's brain?

At least Beyonce showed some class & grace when she accepted her award by inviting Taylor Swift up for proper recognition.
I totally agree! I was so glad she did that. She was so gracious about it, and sympathetic, and...well, it's just nice to know there are still people out there who can behave beautifully under pressure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston