Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2010, 02:24 PM

1 posts, read 872 times

Advertisements

I may be moving to Huntsville in the next few weeks if my job interview there goes well. I need to know the areas (as specific as possible) that would be the safest for me to move too. I have two small children and would rather not be in an area where I feel uncomfortable going out side. Currently I live in a small town just south of Chattanooga and I am under the impression that Huntsville is very similar to Chattanooga. That would also mean that the "good" areas and the "bad" areas are often seperated by a very thin line.

I am not a upper eschalon professional or anything like that, but should be right at about middle class if I get the new job.

In short, if anyone can give a solid area recommendation to a mother of two small children it would be very much appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2010, 02:41 PM

889 posts, read 2,400,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grayhermia View Post
I have two small children and would rather not be in an area where I feel uncomfortable going out side.
My guess is most people feel the same way. That being said, there are a ton of various threads on city-data boards where people discuss the pros and cons of living in this area or that in and around Huntsville. I will say that overall Huntsville is a very nice place and it is much harder to find unsafe places to live than safe. There are very few areas that I would truly be afraid to live in around here and I have a small child myself. If you are interested in people's opinions on schools, there are plenty of threads on those too. I would also suggest checking sites like greatschools.net for lots of data on area schools.

Old 09-07-2010, 05:45 PM

956 posts, read 2,502,346 times
I'm with deesonic...check out a few past threads here...Greatschools.net is a great place to start, as deesonic mentioned.

I live in Madison and love it...(I'm from Chattanooga!!! Huntsville is nice but doesn't compare, truly).

The 3 most popular schools (from MY clients wants and needs) are: Bob Jones, Grissom and HSV High. Those are always my top 3 requests from folks moving into the area. Now granted, my main focus is on Madison County. An agent that works Limestone will tell you what the most sought after are, as will a Morgan County agent.

I always suggest researching schools and then housing in your chosen school zone
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area