Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 05:52 AM

29 posts, read 47,204 times

Advertisements

You can find someone to say something negative about anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2011, 06:17 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,197,572 times
On a side note.. You can comment about HOAs and CDD good or bad.. however you can not bash a builder as they have no way to respond to complaints made here. You can 'not' recommend someone but please send a DM with specific complaints

Per the TOS

This is not the right place for consumer complaints. Such posts present defamation issues and they don't give the other side the opportunity to present their side of the argument.

Last edited by Keeper; 07-08-2011 at 06:05 AM..

Old 09-03-2012, 11:09 AM

468 posts, read 907,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCTMadison View Post
I have a client in Windstone, they are extremely happy there. Of course, they are not the ones who built the first expensive homes in there Those people are upset, but that is the risk you take being the first ones in the neighborhood.

BFC had some "growing pains" last year in regards to getting the HOA up. Biggest thing there is homeowners are unhappy with the new homes being built...can't say I blame them. Same thing as Windstone...your risk is increased when you are one of the first to build.

Whitworth Farms....Oivey. No comment.

Ashbury...can't imagine what they are upset about.

Stillwater??? Only drama was they had to move the pool to a different lot in the neighborhood. They still have a pool. Understandably did make some upset who built in the area around the pool. Had two clients who were building right around the pool, and Breland offered both the opportunity to walk away. One did, one didn't.

Millstone...don't know of any drama there. Houses are selling. Just not as fast now that Breland is building. He still has a lot of building to complete there.

Grove Park...condos never do well in Madison.

Foxfield...again, no comment
LCT -

I am buying at the tailend at The Reserve. What do you think about their HOA?

Old 09-03-2012, 11:59 AM

3,297 posts, read 6,266,015 times
Ratsnake...I am going to be honest, I don't know a lot about it. There has been ALOT of drama/transition in the Reserve the past several years, as builders came in, bankrupted, property values up in the front and back in the back plummeted. I could have told you that would happen...those people in many cases paid MORE for those HPH homes to live out there than the SAME HPH home in Oakstone in Madison....and many were told it was "Madison" which it is NOT....and the larger homes were being marketed at comparable prices per foot as Madison and buyers just were not biting on that. Same thing with Lake Forest...just have never felt from an investment standpoint that neighborhood was a smart choice.

I have had a couple of clients show some mild interest the past year, specifically with Stonegate Homes, but never end up purchasing there, so I have never had the need to heavily research The Reserve. I do have the POA contact number, if you would like that I can DM you...but honestly if this was a concern, I would have asked these questions prior to contracting, because at this point, if you don't like what you find out, you're stuck. You should have been provided a copy of the CCRs at contract....did you get that?

I think if Dr. Wardynski commits to what he has stated as one of his biggest goals...dramatically improving Williams Elementary....you will see a turnaround in that area, although it is going to take time as there is a very large inventory of homes out there that will need to be sold off.

Old 09-03-2012, 01:05 PM

296 posts, read 694,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
On a side note.. You can comment about HOAs and CDD good or bad.. however you can not bash a builder as they have no way to respond to complaints made here. You can 'not' recommend someone but please send a DM with specific complaints

Per the TOS

This is not the right place for consumer complaints. Such posts present defamation issues and they don't give the other side the opportunity to present their side of the argument.
If we can't criticize providers/builders/retailers; then all "recommendations" are suspect as there is no way for a "wronged consumer" "to present their side of the argument." I think the inability to provide negative feedback on any business is the one major negative with these boards.

Marc

Old 09-03-2012, 01:14 PM

468 posts, read 907,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCTMadison View Post
Ratsnake...I am going to be honest, I don't know a lot about it. There has been ALOT of drama/transition in the Reserve the past several years, as builders came in, bankrupted, property values up in the front and back in the back plummeted. I could have told you that would happen...those people in many cases paid MORE for those HPH homes to live out there than the SAME HPH home in Oakstone in Madison....and many were told it was "Madison" which it is NOT....and the larger homes were being marketed at comparable prices per foot as Madison and buyers just were not biting on that. Same thing with Lake Forest...just have never felt from an investment standpoint that neighborhood was a smart choice.

I have had a couple of clients show some mild interest the past year, specifically with Stonegate Homes, but never end up purchasing there, so I have never had the need to heavily research The Reserve. I do have the POA contact number, if you would like that I can DM you...but honestly if this was a concern, I would have asked these questions prior to contracting, because at this point, if you don't like what you find out, you're stuck. You should have been provided a copy of the CCRs at contract....did you get that?

I think if Dr. Wardynski commits to what he has stated as one of his biggest goals...dramatically improving Williams Elementary....you will see a turnaround in that area, although it is going to take time as there is a very large inventory of homes out there that will need to be sold off.
Yes - I do have a copy of the CCRs. I read and read through the 45+ pages ... will hopefully meet the HOA manager - and establish rapport with her ...

I assumed those were the issues as the price/sq ft was/is all over the place right now. I saw the same issues at other subdivisions ... I was just fortunate that I am coming at the tail end and the developer was very generous for his own reasons (plus, the costs for this lots came really low - dunno why?).

I just hope my neighbors won't take it out on me - and a few others. In one subdivision I was looking at, they wouldn't let us Phase 2 homeowners use the common facilities! How odd. This despite - being on the same block / street!

On the schools (CHS and WMS) - such nice new facilities ... But there have been no shootings though ... unlike DMS in Madison. I met a neighbor already who said most of the people in her block send their kids to private schools (well, both our kids go to the same private school ... err home school covering).

Old 09-03-2012, 06:14 PM

3,465 posts, read 4,839,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc45002 View Post
If we can't criticize providers/builders/retailers; then all "recommendations" are suspect as there is no way for a "wronged consumer" "to present their side of the argument." I think the inability to provide negative feedback on any business is the one major negative with these boards.

Marc
I agree with this 100%. If negative comments are not allowed, then positive comments should not be allowed either. It gives a total misrepresentation of the facts.

Also, I have seen the comment made several times by moderators that "builders have no way to respond to negative comments or accusations." I take this to mean that builders are too stupid to log into a forum and make a post.....I really don't think that is the case or at least not for all of them. lol

Old 09-03-2012, 07:11 PM

3,297 posts, read 6,266,015 times
People should be able to present both sides of the coin for a fair comparison.

Isn't that the POINT of City Data? To INFORM?

Old 09-04-2012, 07:42 AM

151 posts, read 296,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dijkstra View Post
I agree with this 100%. If negative comments are not allowed, then positive comments should not be allowed either. It gives a total misrepresentation of the facts.

Also, I have seen the comment made several times by moderators that "builders have no way to respond to negative comments or accusations." I take this to mean that builders are too stupid to log into a forum and make a post.....I really don't think that is the case or at least not for all of them. lol
I would not be surprised if it were some of the builders making the recommendations / positive reviews. It's kind of a win-win situation.

Old 01-16-2013, 09:48 AM

15 posts, read 50,858 times
Send me DM about woodland homes, we'll talk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area