Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 01:21 PM

944 posts, read 1,186,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GentleVoice View Post
wow...can't wait for pictures there.. will...be .. pictures? right? Especially of the hubby's deer in the headllights look?
There will be pictures! As long as it turns out the way I'd like it to, I've done extensive research on what will & won't grow here...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2013, 02:35 PM

I did! Great people & very close to the house! They are indeed very knowledgable & I'm so pleased I haven't killed the Gardenias I planted - temperamental buggers!

Old 07-19-2013, 11:05 PM

8,742 posts, read 12,962,729 times
Good for you Becky. Please continue to post in THIS forum. WE want to know how to garden in this HUNTSVILLE forum. Plants & landscaping enhances property values and brings endless pleasure to the home owners - a win/ win proposition!

Hey RaggeBusRider, if you check other forums they post garden-related topics as well.

Old 07-20-2013, 06:13 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,197,572 times
For clarification regarding this forum.

It is up to the moderator to decide if a thread is appropriate for this forum. If you feel a thread belongs in another forum, you need to report it rather than admonish another member about a thread. As long as a thread is pertinent to Huntsville then it will stay.

If you ask 'how do I care for my kitten' then that belongs in the cat forum, if you post a thread about Mayor Battle, that belongs here, if you post about President Obama then that belongs in P&OC.

Thank you

Old 07-20-2013, 07:05 AM

1,977 posts, read 4,207,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky2517 View Post
It's a pink, white, blue, purple & yellow mix of pretty heat tolerant plants, all coming from FL & it'll be a hot mess getting them in the ground, but hopefully as pretty of a result, as is in my imagination :-)
Becky, could you please let me know where you purchased from online? We are looking for some flats of flowers and have been less than thrilled with local prices and selections.

Old 07-20-2013, 07:31 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,197,572 times
Just know that many will not survive the winter if they are meant for FL. I have a Yesterday, today and tomorrow bush and it does fine during the summer. It can take some cold but not prolong cold weather. I have it in a planter and bring it in during the winter

Old 07-20-2013, 10:08 AM

8,742 posts, read 12,962,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post

If you ask 'how do I care for my kitten' then that belongs in the cat forum, if you post a thread about Mayor Battle, that belongs here, if you post about President Obama then that belongs in P&OC.

Thank you
How about a thread on "How to I care for Mayor Battle's kitten"?

Old 07-20-2013, 11:34 AM

Thanx Keeper, for both posts! I selected "non-tropicals" that will grow pretty much everywhere - also made sure they are heat tolerant...

Bmrisko...I ordered the bulk from Santa Rosa Gardens in Gulf Breeze, they are very highly rated & several gardening friends from VA have used them...these don't come in flats tho, but 4" pots - the only flats I'm getting are the very tiny Daisies & Veronica's that are low growing & will be the front border...they are from a company called Jeepers Creepers, they specialize in ground covers & sell in large quantities...there are several excellent vendors all over the US, if you know specifically what plants you want, I'll be happy to research for you some more - I do know a really good vendor for annuals, but I primarily get perennials online

Old 07-20-2013, 02:08 PM

87 posts, read 139,850 times
well thanks Becky... there goes my landscape budget for the year (decade?) I have been having trouble finding 'creepers' ...not that I looked all that hard, but it's always on the list... and now I have a WHOLE WEBSITE full of cool creeping plants.. sheesh..maybe we do need to kill this thread before she points to any more good sites

thanks, Becky, the JeepersCreepers.info site is great... almost couldnt' find it.. Teh Goog wanted movies <sigh>

Old 07-20-2013, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GentleVoice View Post
well thanks Becky... there goes my landscape budget for the year (decade?) I have been having trouble finding 'creepers' ...not that I looked all that hard, but it's always on the list... and now I have a WHOLE WEBSITE full of cool creeping plants.. sheesh..maybe we do need to kill this thread before she points to any more good sites
Any time
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area