Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 11:04 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,771,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by r x f View Post
My friend told me BS property was taken via eminant domain from farmers, not a big fan of that.
Eh? You mean like over 50 years ago when they first set it aside for Research Park?

I still don't get the security issues, at both places. I can see how CBL would not spend the resources to offer private security, but I do not know why HPD hasn't stepped up to what seems like an obvious problem in the nooks and crannies of BS parking decks and MSM after dark.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2014, 01:06 PM

442 posts, read 647,416 times
Default Fight at Madison Square Mall caught on video

HUNTSVILLE, AL (WAFF) - An online video that is believed to be connected to a robbery report from over the weekend has surfaced.

The video, which has hundreds of shares on Facebook, shows a group of people fighting in what’s believed to be the Madison Square Mall parking lot in Huntsville.

Fight at Madison Square Mall caught on video - WAFF-TV: News, Weather and Sports for Huntsville, AL

THIS VIDEO IS INSANE!

Old 07-07-2014, 02:53 PM

218 posts, read 277,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
I would definitely research anything "My friend told me" before I posted something that would be attributed to me. Documented facts just seem to be more believable than second-hand hearsay.
That's why I threw in the caveat! Didn't realize it was part of CRP before it became BS. Now I know the other half of the story, which was part of the point of posting.

Old 07-07-2014, 11:01 PM

1,644 posts, read 3,035,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FayettevilletoHuntsville View Post
If they showed us the most impressive parts of it, no, it's actually pretty lame. Untrained security guards sissyfighting with perps.

Old 07-08-2014, 03:12 AM

1,420 posts, read 1,593,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r x f View Post
That's why I threw in the caveat! Didn't realize it was part of CRP before it became BS. Now I know the other half of the story, which was part of the point of posting.
The initial land for CRP West was bought back in 1982 by Huntsville. It has been expanded several times since then.

In 1999 a contract was let by Huntsville to develop the southeast corner CRP West. In 2002 it became the CRP West Commercial Services District. Bridge Street was developed in that area.

Last edited by MisterEd51; 07-08-2014 at 03:21 AM..

Old 07-08-2014, 07:07 AM

3,465 posts, read 4,839,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreLysium View Post
If they showed us the most impressive parts of it, no, it's actually pretty lame. Untrained security guards sissyfighting with perps.
Seriously! Whoever thought that was some insane fight has obviously never seen a real fight and certainly never been in one. They were just grabbing each others' clothes and slapping. lol

Old 07-08-2014, 09:02 AM

447 posts, read 557,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreLysium View Post
Well, for his credit, it makes no sense to fight seriously (and maybe get injured) over that bag of stolen goods. The scary part is that the shoplifters were so determined to keep that bag.

Old 07-08-2014, 09:25 AM

36 posts, read 38,511 times
What gives with crime at our malls? A coworker just told me bridge street is having problems with purse snatchers. I can't find anything online to verify??

Old 07-08-2014, 09:36 AM

3,465 posts, read 4,839,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WidgetMaker View Post
What gives with crime at our malls? A coworker just told me bridge street is having problems with purse snatchers. I can't find anything online to verify??
There are plenty of threads here on CD about muggings and purse snatchings at bridge street. It has been a problem for years there.

Old 07-08-2014, 02:36 PM

111 posts, read 224,750 times
MS is a ghost town essentially, it's quite sad. I went there this past weekend and was surprised on how many stores were no longer open. Most stores had a small handful of people if that in them, most workers looked bored to death and it was only in Dillards did I see the most people.

I worked there many times in and out of high school and it was always so busy, you couldn't hardly find a parking spot on Black Friday, I imagine that's not a problem these days. I think the reno of Parkway Place and the opening of Bridgestreet hurt them, and the prices are quite high at MSM, at least it was years ago, I imagine it still is. I think Huntsville could support an outlet mall and I really wish that is what they would turn MSM into, they have enough food spots to revamp it, take out the tired arcade (I guess it's closed now anyway??) and get some new stores in!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area