Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2014, 06:18 PM

493 posts, read 714,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN2HSV View Post
According to LCTMadison, it sounds like No, it will not. Cambridge and the "Town of Cambridge" are both part of Heritage Plantation. Sounds like Cambridge West is something separate, although the name leads one to assume a connection.

I'm very interested to see how this develops going forward. Stoneridge sold out Town of Cambridge so fast, you'd think they were giving them away. Great homes & amenities for the money. Hopefully Cambridge West will be along the same lines.
Regarding the Heritage Plantation neighborhoods of Cambridge and Waterford (not Cambridge West) there are only a few homesites left in both of those neighborhoods. There are only two brand new homes currently for sale in Heritage Plantation (one in Cambridge and one in Waterford and they are both built by Aspen Homes/Dennis Olive).

Heritage Plantation would be the priciest of all the neighborhoods the OP mentioned if one was to purchase brand new in there right now. The only new homes/homesites left in Cambridge are on Appleton Lane and here is the link to the new home for sale in Cambridge built by Aspen Homes/Dennis Olive, 109 Appleton Lane: Dennis Olive=

And here is the link to the one for sale in Waterford at 213 Atwater Drive built by Aspen Homes/Dennis Olive: Dennis Olive=

Most of what is left in Waterford is on Atwater Drive but there are one or two lots left in Waterford that are not on Atwater Drive.

I lived in the Windsor Pointe section of Heritage Plantation for 7 years and there are actually a few lots that are still not built on in that original part of Heritage Plantation (in Windsor Pointe and Biltmore Bend) but they have been sitting empty like that for well over 10 years and they are not for sale, at least right now. That original side of Heritage Plantation was started back in 1996-1997 and we had moved there in 1999 and at that time it was probably over 75% sold out in 1999. The original side of Heritage Plantation (Castlegate, Windsor Pointe, and Biltmore Bend) filled up much faster than Cambridge and Waterford have. Cambridge and Waterford were started in the 2000/2001 time frame so it has taken a while for it to completely fill up on that side except for Stoneridge Homes' section of Cambridge but that was not developed until a few years ago as were the newest parts of Waterford. Ken McDaniel also built a lot of homes in Castlegate at Heritage Plantation and Windsor Pointe at Heritage Plantation back in 1997-2000 time frame.

Last edited by needtosellmyhome; 05-28-2014 at 06:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2014, 06:33 PM

3,297 posts, read 6,273,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN2HSV View Post
So, where exactly is this going to be built? I know a LOT of the land West of Burgreen & Hardiman has been or is being snatched up by developers as Madison continues to push its Western border.

Its directly behind James Clemens on the west side of Burgreen.....right across from the baseball fields on that corner.

And to clarify no, it will NOT be a part of Heritage Plantation like Cambridge was, that land was developed by Enfinger Steele and was already a part of the HOA. This is Louis Breland's land and the HP board is not going to allow it into the neighborhood....they are not happy it is being called Cambridge West. Prices/plans will be the same....and the HOA was a key to Jim Wright's success in there. Will be interesting to see how this one does.

Old 05-28-2014, 07:59 PM

9 posts, read 19,531 times
Any thoughts on the other new subdivisions coming up on Burgreen Road, Burgreen place ( StoneRidge Homes) and Bakers farm ( Breland Homes)

Old 05-29-2014, 04:42 AM

Burgreen Place is selling like crazy and is a great value, I'm working on one now. He already has a preliminary phase platted, if some things get worked out that phase will have some great lots.

Baker's Farm is going to be in the $300's with some new plans...and that will be their Signature Series, same as Lake Forest and Brown's Ferry Crossing.

Last edited by LCTMadison; 05-29-2014 at 05:16 AM..

Old 05-29-2014, 04:53 AM

1,614 posts, read 2,304,556 times
How about Palmer Place? How's it doing? Seems like it's filled up fast, but not sure how many are sold. I like the look of the homes & neighborhood.....it just seems like an odd location.

Old 05-29-2014, 05:12 AM

I haven't seen a lot of activity around Palmer Place, to me the price is a bit high for what you get and that location. They are building a lot of specs but not selling like other neighborhoods in that price range.

They have already switched agents once, which is usually a sign that the neighborhood is not moving like they want it.

Old 05-29-2014, 06:16 AM

44 posts, read 134,306 times
Crown pointe (Jeff Benton Homes) is also doing really well and they are about to start their next phase.
We're thinking of getting into this neighborhood. When we visited there recently, the lots were being reserved.
Depending on the price level they have two sections I believe mid 250's+ and low 300's+.
The schools were columbia->liberty->bob jones.

Old 05-29-2014, 07:23 AM

9 posts, read 19,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCTMadison View Post
Burgreen Place is selling like crazy and is a great value, I'm working on one now. He already has a preliminary phase platted, if some things get worked out that phase will have some great lots.

Baker's Farm is going to be in the $300's with some new plans...and that will be their Signature Series, same as Lake Forest and Brown's Ferry Crossing.
Burgreen Place is definitely in my shortlist to buy. But was concerned about the small lots and the 4 car tandem garage.
What about this another phase, that is going to be added ? Did they open the phase yet ? How many more lots will be added ?

Old 05-29-2014, 07:47 AM

No, he is having to work out sewer issues from what I have been told. There is not telling when that is going to happen. Plat is just preliminary.

My clients are reducing the garage down to a 2 car, and there are some that you could probably do a three car side by side (a double car with a single bay beside it).

Lots are extremely small and will be about same size in second phase, although there is a HUGE cul de sac lot (if plat stays relatively the same). Some will be along those trees at what is now at the back of phase 1 but I would guess they will have a premium.

Old 05-29-2014, 08:45 AM

1,614 posts, read 2,304,556 times
I don't have a dog in this fight b/c we aren't in the market currently (hope to be within the next 18-24 months), but I live west of County Line and am interested in all the new development near us. Here's my opinion, FWIW.

I LOVE the look and finish of the Stoneridge homes, inside & out, and I think (based on Cambridge) they offer a great value for the money. Burgreen Place....meh. My biggest issue with that neighborhood is the front-load garages, especially 3-car front load, because it makes the neighborhood look like a bunch of garages with something attached, rather than a house with garage attached. I have no doubt they are wonderful on the inside, but personally, I couldn't get past the tiny tiny lots & "garage face" fronts. Obviously a lot of people don't have this same issue because they are selling like hotcakes

Jeff Benton - I really like some of his floorplans, and the interior finishes; however, there is *something* I can't quite put my finger on about his exteriors that bugs me. I think it might be the fact that he uses slab-on-grade foundation. Stoneridge (at least in Cambridge & McMullen Cove) uses a raised slab, as does Open Gate homes (Laurenwood Preserve). This makes a big difference in the look and presence of a home from the street. I actually prefer crawlspace or basement, but those are few & far between around here. Slab on grade makes houses look.....I don't know...."squatty". Like they've had the foundation knocked out from under them and the walls are just sitting on the ground. I guess if that's what you're used to, you don't notice it. But I grew up & have always lived (until now) on crawlspace, so the slab-on-grade looks weird to me.

I'm anxious to see what the new Breland homes in Bakers Farm will look like. Breland builds a nice home for the money, but I've never been a fan because of what I mentioned above...(1) front-face garages; and (2) slab-on-grade. Maybe this neighborhood will be kicked up a notch from their usual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area