Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2015, 06:49 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,917,022 times

Advertisements

How does this kind of nonsense prepare them for the real world. IHMO, college is almost a waste anymore, unless you're going for a professional degree. Does this now mean all their teams, their bathrooms and showers are all gender neutral. I wonder if their sexual harassment policies are all now gender neutral.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2015, 07:36 AM

3,881 posts, read 4,127,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
How does this kind of nonsense prepare them for the real world. IHMO, college is almost a waste anymore, unless you're going for a professional degree. Does this now mean all their teams, their bathrooms and showers are all gender neutral. I wonder if their sexual harassment policies are all now gender neutral.
Actually, the push is on already for those showers and bathrooms and already in the news in a few places. They first started trying it about 20 yrs ago. They always fail the first few shots outta the gate. But then.......

All most colleges are anymore are indoctrination camps.

Old 09-10-2015, 07:54 AM

468 posts, read 907,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
Haa! That is a good one!

How would a gender neutral sexual harassment policy look like?

Old 09-10-2015, 08:01 AM

884 posts, read 716,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by writerwife View Post
Actually, the push is on already for those showers and bathrooms and already in the news in a few places. They first started trying it about 20 yrs ago. They always fail the first few shots outta the gate. But then.......

All most colleges are anymore are indoctrination camps.
Man, to be in college right now, and the girls taking showers with me and not getting into trouble. I'd say were making progress in this world. wooo hooo.

Wait, what? I'm not sure if that was a girl. OH my kill me now......

Old 09-10-2015, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvmycountry View Post
Man, to be in college right now, and the girls taking showers with me and not getting into trouble. I'd say were making progress in this world. wooo hooo.

Wait, what? I'm not sure if that was a girl. OH my kill me now......
Bahahahaha... and look.. you worked your way clean right into a gender neutral pronoun. It.

Old 09-10-2015, 08:54 AM

So why can't we use IT - and be done with all this?
They wanted 'gender neutral'.

No need for an Office on Diversity.
No need for changes in our lexicons.

Old 09-11-2015, 10:51 AM

309 posts, read 718,146 times
"It" is for non-gendered nouns. That's not the same as gender-neutral. Even ships are gendered.

This thread is more than enough evidence that colleges are doing what they were always meant to do: push the boundaries of thought beyond the realm of intellectual Neanderthals. (Not to say I am only casting stones at others; I myself struggle to understand gender dysmorphia. I rarely think about what gender I am, except when undertaking activities directly relevant to my genitals.)

Old 09-11-2015, 05:12 PM

So, those that don't hold the same position as you do are intellectual Neanderthals? Ugh.

Old 09-12-2015, 05:54 PM

309 posts, read 718,146 times
No, just zie who is unable to expand zir mind to ideas that don't conform to the zir previously held notions. (see what i did there )

Old 09-12-2015, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by writerwife View Post
So, those that don't hold the same position as you do are intellectual Neanderthals? Ugh.
Writerwife - That was straight from the leftist playbook ----

"Rules for Radicals"

“Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.” There is no defense. It’s irrational. It’s infuriating. It also works as a key pressure point to force the enemy into concessions.

They bellitle us --- call us haters, Bible thumpers, Neanderthals ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area