Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2015, 11:46 AM

100 posts, read 97,228 times

Advertisements

Former Alabama teacher marries female student, 18, after indictment for inappropriate relationship | gulflive.com

Teacher indicted for sexual relations with student now married to her

This sort of thing goes on often in Alabama (not necessarily "former" teacher-student marriage). Especially, in your rural towns where sports is valued more than academics. This dirtbag is a disgrace to the student-mentor concept. Some may think this is cute and ok, but as an educator he should have had better control of his temptations. Can't say much about the girl. Most high school females are always flooding around the "handsome" male teacher's desk everyday before class, during break, whenever they can; playing with him as if he were a student. The sad thing is..the male teacher just goes along with it most of the time. This is ok until he starts getting certain desires about one or some of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2015, 12:27 PM

3,297 posts, read 6,266,015 times
Umm, yeah...let's not put it all on the young girls and male teachers.

It seems there is a lot more "female teacher" and "male student" action than visa versa.

Female Sparkman High teacher being investigated following allegations of sex with students | AL.com

Old 09-03-2015, 12:53 PM

52 posts, read 59,877 times
This problem is not unique to Huntsville or to Alabama. It's not even unique to the current times.

I attended a private high school in another state and there were at least three such situations when I was a student there over 40 years ago. One led to marriage after graduation but the other two did not.

Even in junior high there were rumors of such behavior and it made some of the new teachers nervous. A young teacher rescinded his offer of a ride to an extracurricular activity after two other students who planned to go had to cancel. He said it wasn't worth his job to give a ride to a lone female student and risk the allegations.

Sometimes I think there's just more open talk about these sorts of things now. Human nature hasn't changed all that much, but how we judge and discuss each other has changed.

Old 09-03-2015, 01:03 PM

2,054 posts, read 2,568,609 times
Frankly, it probably goes against human nature to call a relationship with a 16 year old female or 17 year old female illegal. Is it? Yes, and I hope it stays that way. But we used to marry boys and girls of that age off to live life alone and make a life for themselves.

Alabama seems to have the market cornered on these type of relationships. And think of all the little churches on every little corner in every little town.

Alabama-the most hypocritical and most repressed state in the Union.

Old 09-03-2015, 01:15 PM

3,881 posts, read 4,127,100 times
And that explains this:

Old 09-03-2015, 03:12 PM

944 posts, read 1,186,299 times
Quote:
Some may think this is cute and ok
Cute? Nothing cute about it!

Those are brilliant WW!!

Old 09-03-2015, 04:28 PM

3,881 posts, read 4,127,100 times
Aren't they tho??!! The first time I ever saw that 1872 one I remember saying.. I knew there was a reason (other than kids, lol) I never had aspirations of being a teacher.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
View detailed profiles of: