Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2016, 10:55 AM

183 posts, read 229,264 times

Advertisements

Received this email today from Madison County Shuttle:
Madison County Shuttle Is Suspending Service Wednesday, January 13th, 2016
It is with a heavy heart that we announce Madison County Shuttle's last day of operations will be today, January the 12th 2016.

In the last 2 1/2 years we have served thousands of customers. We want to thank everyone for their support and patronage. All of us at MCS have worked hard to provide a vital connection to the Nashville Airport. We have always been about our customers, and the team at MCS will miss you all.

In order to minimize inconvenience, the shuttle WILL operate today. If you have made a reservation for a future date, please contact your credit card company for a refund.

We wish all of you the best in 2016.

Any idea what happened?

I have friends and family who would fly into Nashville on SW when coming to visit and they had used this company's service many times. I thought they were doing well as they had added a shopping stop and also took folks to medical appointments in Nashville.

Hate to see them go. I thought it was a great service.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2016, 12:33 PM

1,977 posts, read 4,208,818 times
I've seen them pulled over on the side of the interstate no less than 3 times. Maybe they couldn't afford the fleet maintenance?

Old 01-12-2016, 01:04 PM

445 posts, read 771,337 times
Umm I heard just today on a radio ad that they were moving to a new location on Madison Blvd.....

Old 01-12-2016, 02:32 PM

1,977 posts, read 4,208,818 times
The owner stated on WHNT that the company was growing too fast and they couldn't keep up with demand. I'm sorry, but I don't buy that. You don't hear of too many business closing up shop b/c the demand is too great...instead they typically secure financing where needed to purchase necessary equipment and hire more staff.

Madison County Shuttle calls it quits, for now | WHNT.com

Old 01-12-2016, 04:13 PM

1,782 posts, read 3,280,464 times
Yeah, a lot of BS.

No matter how many "thousands" of riders they had, they weren't getting enough people.

There was a huge thing about them when they started, they hijacked a thread and were puffing up the service, but they were creating new accts to do such.

Never cared for their business ethics.

Old 01-13-2016, 07:49 AM

2,454 posts, read 3,217,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkeyRuben View Post
I thought they were doing well as they had added a shopping stop and also took folks to medical appointments in Nashville.
To me, that would suggest that they weren't getting the passengers they needed.

Old 01-13-2016, 09:39 AM

23,601 posts, read 70,425,146 times
The story he gave on WAFF was that it was growing but not fast enough. Vans and busses require a few passengers to pay for the overhead and labor. One, two, or even three passengers in a load would be a net loss. Looking two years into the future, which is what most smart businesses do, the effect of Uber on top of regulations probably was handwriting on the wall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
View detailed profiles of: