Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2021, 06:07 PM

13,066 posts, read 9,585,395 times

Advertisements

Does the city intend to ever resurface Wynn Drive? I was on it today and it's turning into one big pothole. You'd think streets through Research Park would have a very high priority.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2021, 08:10 AM

642 posts, read 702,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Does the city intend to ever resurface Wynn Drive? I was on it today and it's turning into one big pothole. You'd think streets through Research Park would have a very high priority.

It is horrible. I called the city a few years back and asked when it would be resurfaced. The city said within a couple of years.

And it was, but only the part south of Bradford. The part north of Bradford was in much worse shape and they didn't touch it.

Must be just about the worst street in the city limits.

Old 01-22-2021, 09:57 AM

The Hollywood 18 theatre on South Parkway is to be demolished.

https://whnt.com/news/south-huntsvil...or-demolition/

Old 01-22-2021, 04:18 PM

13,066 posts, read 9,585,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldiver View Post

That's a shame. I'm sure the straw that broke the camel's back was the pandemic, but I don't see how movie theaters continued to survive with all the movies available on television. I suppose it's the atmosphere (I enjoy a movie MUCH more in a theater than at home), even though I'm not that into movies.

Old 01-23-2021, 06:00 AM

3,881 posts, read 4,139,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
That's a shame. I'm sure the straw that broke the camel's back was the pandemic, but I don't see how movie theaters continued to survive with all the movies available on television. I suppose it's the atmosphere (I enjoy a movie MUCH more in a theater than at home), even though I'm not that into movies.

Going the way of the drive-in perhaps. Eventually maybe have a few around as relics. I can count on one hand how many times I've been to a theater in the last 15-20 yrs.
Wonder what date nights will look like eventually.

Old 01-23-2021, 07:52 AM

957 posts, read 747,267 times
New Taco Bell on south Parkway and another being built on Baily Cove..Must be doing good...

Old 01-23-2021, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldiver View Post

Apparently it didn't make the news, but the AMC theatre behind Walmart on University Drive is also closed.

https://www.amctheatres.com/amc-clas...ille-10-closed

I think that leaves the Valley Bend, Monaco, Madison Square, and the Cineplanet, all of which seem to be operating as of today.

Old 01-23-2021, 02:14 PM

656 posts, read 594,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by writerwife View Post
Going the way of the drive-in perhaps. Eventually maybe have a few around as relics. I can count on one hand how many times I've been to a theater in the last 15-20 yrs.
Wonder what date nights will look like eventually.
Two people sitting across from one and another typing away on their phones without looking up to speak to each other. No wait, that is what date night looks like now!

There are still a few putt putt golf places in town for the First Date.

Old 01-23-2021, 05:01 PM

1,420 posts, read 1,598,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick In Madison View Post
Two people sitting across from one and another typing away on their phones without looking up to speak to each other. No wait, that is what date night looks like now!

Now date night is done with Virtual Dating.

Old 01-24-2021, 05:04 AM

3,881 posts, read 4,139,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick In Madison View Post

So true!! "It's not a tumah!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area