Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2017, 12:06 PM

3,297 posts, read 6,266,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauraWSki View Post
The Kroger Marketplace at the corner of 72 and County Line Road is NOT in the city limits of Madison and is in fact in the city limits of Huntsville. I also understand through another website that that project may be on hold for now even though it appear they have started to clear the land. I would encourage Madison residents to Shop Madison First (the new Kroger on Wall Triana comes to mind) to keep your tax dollars in Madison to benefit our community and particularly our schools. Thank you.
They have done much more than just clear the land, they did that this time last year. They've done all site work, been working on it for months. Poured foundations, parking lots, completed initial landscaping and grading. They've put quite a bit into it already and its been sitting for a couple of months untouched.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2017, 06:47 PM

483 posts, read 630,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCTMadison View Post
They have done much more than just clear the land, they did that this time last year. They've done all site work, been working on it for months. Poured foundations, parking lots, completed initial landscaping and grading. They've put quite a bit into it already and its been sitting for a couple of months untouched.
Here's an article:
http://www.al.com/business/index.ssf...ers_first.html

I would love for them to annex into the Madison City limits.

Last edited by Madmom2000; 03-18-2017 at 07:14 PM..

Old 03-19-2017, 03:43 PM

2,453 posts, read 3,216,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmom2000 View Post
Here's an article:
Kroger delays construction on Marketplace at Bradford Creek in Huntsville | AL.com

It is already part of Huntsville.

Old 03-19-2017, 04:46 PM

3,465 posts, read 4,839,813 times
Quote:

That is not going to happen. lol

Old 03-19-2017, 07:55 PM

483 posts, read 630,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dijkstra View Post
That is not going to happen. lol
Right. That's why Madison residents shouldn't shop there when/if it opens.

Old 03-20-2017, 07:36 AM

2,453 posts, read 3,216,043 times
Quote:
Right. That's why Madison residents shouldn't shop there when/if it opens.
That's a pretty silly position to take. If Huntsville residents were to do the same, I'd suspect that Madison would be pretty hosed.

Old 03-20-2017, 09:40 AM

641 posts, read 698,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaxwell View Post
That's a pretty silly position to take. If Huntsville residents were to do the same, I'd suspect that Madison would be pretty hosed.
Keeping in mind that Huntsville has not really built up that much residential yet in the west end of the county, many of Madison's shopping venues are not convenient to Huntsville residents. The exception may be the folks who live in Huntsville west of Redstone Arsenal and south of I-565.

Huntsville has the lion's share of shopping and sales tax dollars in the area. Huntsville has been very effective at annexing most of the attractive areas for commercial development, particularly along the US 72 corridor. Commercial real estate taxes and sales taxes are what pay the bills for cities in this state.

So Madison does need its residents to "Shop Madison First" when they can. Lowe's is in Madison, Home Depot is in Huntsville. There will be three Kroger stores in the immediate area of Madison, but only the Wall Triana store is in Madison. The new Walmart on US 72 near CLR is in Huntsville, though it is much nicer than the Madison Walmart on Madison Boulevard.

Old 03-27-2017, 11:56 AM

152 posts, read 240,923 times
A sign was put up today at the Shoppes site: Coming Soon - Publix

Old 03-27-2017, 03:03 PM

125 posts, read 165,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coogan View Post
Confirmed and the developer has updated the property flier with the Publix logo and lease pending on unit 3 and 4

http://twdre.com/ShoppesatRedstone/S...atRedstone.pdf

Old 03-27-2017, 03:20 PM

641 posts, read 698,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coogan View Post
I wonder if this new Publix will put the kibosh on the rumored new Publix at Town Madison. And then the existing Publix on Madison Blvd would remain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area