Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2017, 08:49 PM

583 posts, read 827,740 times

Advertisements

I've been waiting for someone else to bring it up, but they haven't yet, cowards all of them.

If you move to north AL, you will be forced to make one decision; you'll have to choose and there is no gray area, it's literally black and white (or red or orange):

To Whit: Roll Tide or War Chicken?

Last edited by toosie; 06-12-2017 at 04:21 AM.. Reason: Really? Baiting your moderator?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2017, 09:26 PM

55 posts, read 63,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTG-05 View Post
I've been waiting for someone else to bring it up, but they haven't yet, cowards all of them.

If you move to north AL, you will be forced to make one decision; you'll have to choose and there is no gray area, it's literally black and white (or red or orange):

Lol, lol, lol, as I was reading your response I was getting nervous. I noticed the Madison County area is comprised of die hard sports fans. I am a non-sports type of woman, but I know once I relocate that must change.

Last edited by toosie; 06-12-2017 at 04:22 AM.. Reason: Edited quoted post

Old 06-12-2017, 09:36 AM

3,881 posts, read 4,130,024 times
Quote:

Actually, you don't. I never have.. could care less about either... Roll Eagle!

Old 06-12-2017, 11:50 AM

583 posts, read 827,740 times
Back to the topic at hand: Don't rule out living in Lincoln county TN while working in Hsv/Madison. Lincoln county is the TN county directly north of Madison county AL (i.e. Hsv. and Madison).

Two neighbors of mine work on the Arsenal, another works at UAH (University of AL at Hsv), another worked at Boeing before he retired a year or two ago (worked there +35 years like me), another worked at Boeing and TBE plus a HSV business. No income tax, although you'll pay AL's ( ), pretty country and the cost of living is slightly less than Madison county etc. In other words, Hsv and Nashville haven't discovered it - yet (read Hampton Cove).

The downside: The Drive.

Last edited by toosie; 06-12-2017 at 12:00 PM.. Reason: 1 person couldn't take a joke - I left your joke and only deleted the personal snipe

Old 06-12-2017, 12:04 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,881,385 times
Quote:

Well... I'm a Clemson fan.

Old 06-13-2017, 04:26 PM

12,993 posts, read 9,516,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveXinfinity View Post
Lol, lol, lol, as I was reading your response I was getting nervous. I noticed the Madison County area is comprised of die hard sports fans. I am a non-sports type of woman, but I know once I relocate that must change.
Not true. I've been here most of my life and I'm a fan of neither. In fact, I find both fan bases detestable. There are plenty of fans of other schools.

Old 06-13-2017, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Back to the topic at hand: Don't rule out living in Lincoln county TN while working in Hsv/Madison. Lincoln county is the TN county directly north of Madison county AL (i.e. Hsv. and Madison).

Two neighbors of mine work on the Arsenal, another works at UAH (University of AL at Hsv), another worked at Boeing before he retired a year or two ago (worked there +35 years like me), another worked at Boeing and TBE plus a HSV business. No income tax, although you'll pay AL's ( ), pretty country and the cost of living is slightly less than Madison county etc. In other words, Hsv and Nashville haven't discovered it - yet (read Hampton Cove).

True. It wouldn't really have much of a downside if the Parkway was limited access all the way (and didn't have the dangerous roller coaster overpasses). Don't think that will happen any time soon though.

Old 06-13-2017, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveXinfinity View Post
It's not just Madison County ... it's all across the south as far as college sports go. Pro sports dominate big cities, so reallly it's a national thing.

Old 06-15-2017, 05:31 PM

Quote:

How far is Lincoln County, TN from the Madison County area. I've become so spoiled with less than 25 minute commutes here in NY on local roads that if it is anything over an hour I'd probably die. My boyfriend has worked at Redstone Arsenal over 25 years. It would be kinda nice to work near Redstone Arsenal to commute together sometimes, but at this point I'm not being picky. Every job I've had since I've been working in NY has been in NJ so I'm used to paying taxes in NY & NJ. It sucks, but it's all I know.

Old 06-15-2017, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
True. It wouldn't really have much of a downside if the Parkway was limited access all the way (and didn't have the dangerous roller coaster overpasses). Don't think that will happen any time soon though.
Ummm, tell me about these roller coaster overpasses😳
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area