Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2018, 09:21 PM

1,614 posts, read 2,302,039 times

Advertisements

FYI, there’s a JBH resale about to come on the market in Millstone (neighborhood adjacent to Willow Creek). It’s a Tucker plan, 4 BR and 3.5 baths on main level, half bath close to master. Upstairs is a bonus room, a full bath & finished storage space or office. The only carpet is in the secondary bedrooms & bonus room upstairs. Master has wood floors, as do all the living areas. Total sq ft is just under 3500. Immaculately kept. Will be priced somewhere between $360k-$390k. I can let you know when it goes active if you like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2018, 01:01 PM

52 posts, read 59,897 times
Thanks, TN2HSV, but that won't work for us. If upstairs bathrooms aren't regularly used, or at least have water run through all pipes, the traps dry out and cause unpleasant air quality problems. I could ignore a bonus room upstairs, although I'd hate to lose main floor space to the stairs, but can't ignore an upstairs bathroom.

The alternative would be to install a chair lift, since installing a residential elevator probably wouldn't make sense in a house in that price range. I'd need to replace all of the carpet with hardwoods. Depending on the age of the house, it may need other work done as well.

No doubt that house will suit someone else very well, as the Tucker is a very nice plan.

Old 02-22-2018, 05:51 PM

3,297 posts, read 6,268,242 times
There will be one more phase in Crown Point, will be larger Luxe side entry homes, around 20 lots. Will be later, not sure when.

The other lots not platted that are on Fernbridge are going to be part of phase 8 and front entry homes, but permitting has been held up because of wetland issue.

Old 02-23-2018, 07:33 AM

52 posts, read 59,897 times
Those larger side entry houses would be much more appealing. Thanks for that information.

Are "Luxe" homes like the ones in Willow Creek or the larger plans built in the Owens Cross Roads area?

Old 02-23-2018, 08:29 AM

Both are the same. Willow Creek is same plans/amenities as River Park (The Woods)...which is same plans as the Luxe homes in Crown Point that are side entry.

Old 02-23-2018, 08:32 AM

271 posts, read 294,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badin View Post
Those larger side entry houses would be much more appealing. Thanks for that information.

Are "Luxe" homes like the ones in Willow Creek or the larger plans built in the Owens Cross Roads area?
JBH's "Luxe" homes typically include higher end finishes/options (larger interior trim/molding, laundry room shelving, wood shelving in closets, utility sink etc). I've seen Luxe labeling on "smaller" floor plans like the Greystone II/Tucker II and I don't believe I've ever seen any of the larger floor plans without the Luxe label, (ie the Riverglen, Plantation, Sterling.)

Old 02-23-2018, 08:37 AM

Greystone is built both in the front entry communities as a two car garage and in the Luxe communities as a 3 car side entry. That's the only plan that spans both series. They don't build the Tucker in the front entry communities, its too big for those lots. Luxe homes came about around 2014 so before that even the larger side entry homes were more "build your own" regarding amenities like the front entry homes are now. The "Crest" section of Crown Point were the larger homes, but they were not Luxe, just had a lower base price and people upgraded. Basically with Luxe, the upgrades are built in to the base price and with the smaller homes, it is not. You pay for it one way or another.

Old 02-26-2018, 12:07 PM

1,614 posts, read 2,302,039 times
I found out today about a Greystone II that will be coming on the market next week. It has the extended breakfast room area, and does NOT have a bonus room....it's all on one level. 4 BR, 3.5 BA. it's in the Kingsley section of Crown Point with front-entry garage. Price will be $365-370ish. It has the Luxe level trims & features, although I'm not sure if it was labeled "luxe" when it was built.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area