Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2018, 11:50 AM

28 posts, read 36,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick In Madison View Post
I know its early but has anything been posted with respect to the type and quantities of labor categories and pay ranges for those categories? What is the projected build up/timeline of employment and staffing after plant construction completes?
I'm staying current with the updates but I doubt there will be anything known for another year or 2, when the jobs start opening up. I'm checking the website weekly. I'm currently working at the Nissan plant and will be checking out this Toyota plant for a job. If the pay is comparable, then I may move the family down in order to have high seniority.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2018, 12:41 PM

2,997 posts, read 3,583,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
I'm staying current with the updates but I doubt there will be anything known for another year or 2, when the jobs start opening up. I'm checking the website weekly. I'm currently working at the Nissan plant and will be checking out this Toyota plant for a job. If the pay is comparable, then I may move the family down in order to have high seniority.
Good Luck! you probably wont have any trouble landing a job here.

Old 12-21-2018, 05:32 AM

614 posts, read 767,010 times
If this goes like most other big production lines moved in, the touch labor will be handled thru AIDT. Keep checking there for training.

Old 12-21-2018, 07:34 AM

28 posts, read 36,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catfishin2000 View Post
If this goes like most other big production lines moved in, the touch labor will be handled thru AIDT. Keep checking there for training.
That’s exactly the site I follow.

Old 12-21-2018, 09:31 PM

Default Sunfish issue settled

Not that there was ever a threat this will go way beyond
Protecting the watershed and fish in that area which is a great thing

https://www.al.com/news/2018/12/sunf...da-toyota.html

Old 12-21-2018, 09:38 PM

12,983 posts, read 9,510,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AU HSV View Post

I suppose they're just donating $6M to whoever was suing them to get them off their collective backs. I kinda doubt whoever that organization was was really worried about the fish all that much ... more just wanted $$.

It's kinda funny, but we're taking about saving a fish, while at the same time the state is lamenting the loss in number of hunters. Allegedly the fish is an endangered species, and deer, etc. are not, but still the two seem at odds in a way.

Old 12-23-2018, 09:58 AM

653 posts, read 589,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AU HSV View Post

Oh boy,

Fella's I think I might be in some trouble. You see me and my buddy Vern, well we went down to that creek in Limestone County where them boys are moving a bunch of dirt. You see, Vern and I like to go fish'n, hiking, and all of that stuff. Vern was talking about that sunfish and said that a lot of people were real kind to that fish. He said that there has to be a good reason. Well me and Vern figured it had to be because it tasted so good.

So he and I set out the last few weeks just past Thanksgiving with our nets and buckets. Well you see, we found those little fellows. Caught a bunch of them. The paper is right, they aint but a little bitty things. We figured we'd have to catch a bunch of them. We did. I thought we'd almost be done but Vern said he went out last Wednesday and found the start of the creek near a spring. Boy I tell you what, them little things loved hanging out there. Although we caught about a hundred or so, I don't think they filled up a good bucket's worth.

Anyway we took them little fish to Vern's house. I wasn't sure what we were going to do with them. I figured you'd have to use a pen knife to fillet the little suckers. Vern laughed at me, you see. He's a bit Cajun and said that we'll throw them in a big pot full of other critters we caught through out the year. Let me tell you what, that was the best damn meal I had in a while.

Back to my concern; me an Vern caught all of them fish. There ain't none left and we can't afford to pay $6 million for them. I sure hope those folks wanting to spend that money on a bunch of fish aren't too mad at me and Vern. We were just fish'n.

Old 12-23-2018, 07:14 PM

12,983 posts, read 9,510,269 times
If my calculations are correct, the fish you caught are worth about $60,000 each.

Old 01-31-2019, 11:37 AM

9,503 posts, read 9,821,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
Anybody have the website link this poster mentioned? Thanks!

Old 01-31-2019, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Anybody have the website link this poster mentioned? Thanks!
I'm guessing AIDT
https://hsvchamber.org/get-job-toyot...best-resource/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area