Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 03:16 PM

346 posts, read 851,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB2HSV View Post
I made the mistake yesterday attempting to go from RSA to Home Depot on University during the afternoon rush hour traffic. Thinking 255 will be congested as well as University, the route I took was Martin road to Wall Triana, right on Madison Blvd, and left on Hughes Road. A total of 45 minutes
The last time we went to eat out, it was nearing rush hour ,maybe a minute or so afterwards, and we live up from Gate 7. We decided to take Martin over to Wall-Triana and then over to Madison Blvd, instead of staying on Zierdt. It was just as crowded to me and I think it took us 30 minutes to get to where we needed to go. Guess you always have to add traffic time to everything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2009, 03:41 PM

871 posts, read 2,885,916 times
No problems if you stay of 72. From Walden Preserve, go south on Balch. Until the Balch extension is completed, take a right on Browns Ferry and a left on Mose Chapel. Then take a left on Mill. Cut all the way east to Hughes. Head south to Hwy 20. Take 20 east and either turn left on Governors West into the Research Park West or take the I-565 exit up to the Sparkman exit to get into Research Park East. Works great - minimal traffic. This route avoids the Hughes Rd and Browns Ferry Intersection - especially when Bob Jones kids are heading to school. It also avoids all schools.

Old 01-09-2009, 03:52 PM

1,806 posts, read 5,707,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amsa526 View Post
I am coming from SF Bay Area ... was there weeks back and drove on a Friday during rush hour. Traffic through most of the freeways was moving fine ... there were a lot of cars ... but cars were at 50-60 mph. I would not call this traffic at all!
On non-freeways, I did not see any traffic!
That's one of the differences here though - there are only a few "fast" drivers (50-60 is not fast to me unless the speed limit is 40) and the rest can't make up their collective minds what speed they want to go or where they're going...so as one tries to gauge manipulation fro, it gets a bit frustrating. They, whoever 'they' are, drive differently here.

But all in all, just no comparison to where I came from.
So. FL. is either a parking lot or fast and furious.
Huntsville is confused and a bit disorganized. There - I said it.

(Ducking for cover.)

Old 01-09-2009, 05:13 PM

8,742 posts, read 12,966,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 33458 View Post
- there are only a few "fast" drivers (50-60 is not fast to me unless the speed limit is 40) and the rest can't make up their collective minds what speed they want to go or where they're going...
(Ducking for cover.)

LOL... have you driven on the 565 lately? There are 2 speeds - 80 mph and 50 mph.

Old 01-11-2009, 07:23 AM

2,221 posts, read 2,926,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HB2HSV View Post
LOL... have you driven on the 565 lately? There are 2 speeds - 80 mph and 50 mph.
Very true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area