Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2006, 11:27 AM

11 posts, read 52,369 times

Advertisements

Hello, My husband and I may be moving to the Decatur area..depending on the ULA merge. We are in our 50's and are wondering if Decatur is a good area or would we be better off in the Huntsville area? If we do move he would be working in Trinity at the Boeing plant. He doesn't want a long drive to work every day. So what about Trinity? We've never been to Alabama. We have been to Calif, Washington state, Oklahoma and Colorado...(that's where we are now). We own a home in Oklahoma and aren't sure if we would buy or rent a home in Alabama. Thank you for any information you may give us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2006, 03:17 PM

17 posts, read 86,005 times
Default Depends on what you like...

It probably depends on what types of activities you and your husband enjoy. Trinity is pretty nice for a small town, Decatur is a little bigger, but if you enjoy shopping and nice restaurants, you'd probably prefer Huntsville or Madison. The Madison area is a nice compromise - not as busy as Huntsville, but growing like crazy!

Old 06-22-2006, 11:23 PM

44 posts, read 230,018 times
if you are deciding whether to own or rent in the Huntsville area... OWN. Its been voted the second most affordable metro in the United States. You'd be surprised what you can get with a mortgage here compared to rent in california or washington.
If it is any testament to why Huntsville is great and affordable:
My girlfriend's dad just left Boeing. They kicked him all over the place after being in Huntsville for so long, to Seattle, Wichita, Florida.. but his family said there is no other place they'd want to be than in Huntsville, and they stayed behind while he rented in these places. He just quit and took on a job at Sikorsky in Huntsville designing helicopters. The family is completely happy again.

Old 06-24-2006, 03:07 AM

1 posts, read 2,845 times
Red face Looking for a house, townhome, or condo in Alabama

I am moving to Birmingham, al to go to Samford university for pharmacy school. I would like to buy a condo, townhome,or house within a reasonable range. What areas would you recommend to live in. It does not have to be right next to the school, I don't mind communting a little bit.

Thank you,
Stayray

Old 07-20-2006, 10:08 PM

2 posts, read 6,515 times
Anita B,
Just posted a question about Huntsville. I too am a Boeing employee looking at a possible transfer. Been misserable out here living with the commute. Sick of traffic, crowds, lines and no elbow room. I'm not geneticly programed to live in a rat cage. Alabama looks mighty nice. Guess just about anywere else but here would at this point.

Old 04-29-2015, 08:02 AM

410 posts, read 695,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke Ellingtons View Post
That is a common theme on this forum. Good advice Dave.
Serious question because I admire your hard work. Do you have multiple computers/devices logged in as different user names so you can respond to yourself? Or do you constantly log in and out of your different user names on the same computer?

Regards,
Tennhioland

Old 04-29-2015, 08:10 AM

3,506 posts, read 762,925 times
9 years later I kinda doubt she`s still looking ...

Old 04-30-2015, 03:11 PM

103 posts, read 252,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennhioland View Post
Serious question because I admire your hard work. Do you have multiple computers/devices logged in as different user names so you can respond to yourself? Or do you constantly log in and out of your different user names on the same computer?

Regards,
Tennhioland
Good question. I wish I knew how he did it. It is mostly annoying but sometimes entertaining.

regards
dustin

Old 04-30-2015, 03:18 PM

2,451 posts, read 3,213,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin Wehut View Post
Good question. I wish I knew how he did it. It is mostly annoying but sometimes entertaining.

regards
dustin
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area