Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 07:08 PM

129 posts, read 433,031 times

Advertisements

Hello,
I'm wondering where to live. My husband will be going to UAH and I want us to probably live in a nice apartment complex. Two or three bedrooms, and a fitness center, pretty pools, and one that allows small dogs. We are currently living in Brier Creek, in Raleigh, NC, so if anyone knows the area, it would be great to find something comparable. Lots of shops, the closer the better. A Target or Super-Walmart and grocery stores close by. Ideally, the complex would be smack in the middle or across the street from a big shopping area....Any ideas? We do also have a son who will be in 7th grade, so good schools are very important, as is the relative safety of the area. I run, so someplace where I can run early in the morning safely would be great! Thanks so much for any advice you can give!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2009, 07:20 AM

99 posts, read 252,973 times
What price range are you looking for? There are several fairly new complexes just west of Research Park Blvd on hwy 72 that would fit your requirements (except maybe price?). Very convenient to lots of shopping (large shopping center with Super Target close by, lots of restaurants, etc). Let me know about price, and I can probably make a better suggestion.

Also, on Apartments.com | Find Apartments for Rent, Houses, Condos and Townhomes | Rental Listings you can search by amenities and price, etc, read reviews, view photos and floorplans.

Old 07-27-2009, 07:55 AM

Ok, thanks, that's great. We actually live right next to Research Triangle Park right now. Funny coincidence. We pay about $1130 right now for a 2bed/2.5bath, so our price range is around there. Cheaper would be great though! But I will check out the Apartments.com.

Old 07-27-2009, 08:16 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,755,036 times
check vallemls too

Old 07-27-2009, 08:17 AM

122 posts, read 354,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanllabean81 View Post
Ok, thanks, that's great. We actually live right next to Research Triangle Park right now. Funny coincidence. We pay about $1130 right now for a 2bed/2.5bath, so our price range is around there. Cheaper would be great though! But I will check out the Apartments.com.
The Vintage
[SIZE=3]7584 Old Madison Pike[/SIZE], HUNTSVILLE, AL 35806

You can walk to Bridgestreet (maybe 3/4 of a mile) for lots of shopping, and the apartment is right next to the Indian creek greenway for Running/walking. UAH is a straight shot down Old Madison Pike. 2 Bedroom is $930, so it looks to be in your price range. It borders Cummings Research Park and Super Target and its associate shopping center is about 3 miles away. It was built about 3 or 4 years ago.

It has a fitness center and a pool with waterfall.

The Vintage at Madison Crossing | 7584 Old Madison Pike - HUNTSVILLE, AL 35806, Apartment Rentals on Move.com

It is Huntsville city Schools (Columbia HS and Providence E/M).

Old 07-27-2009, 09:27 AM

6,048 posts, read 18,422,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
check vallemls too
That is, ValleyMLS.com . They have a rental section.
(Charles must still be asleep!)

Old 07-27-2009, 10:08 AM

Ok, with that price range, you can probably afford just about anything! So it's mostly up to you to see what areas you like. The area I mentioned would be good, and so would the area BKOTH mentioned. Either way you'll be close to amenities, and the perk for the area around The Vintage, is you'll be VERY close to I-565, which makes it easy to get downtown, etc (plus, as he/she mentioned, Indian Creek greenway is a great place to walk/jog!).

Also, talk to management and see if you can get a vibe of the attitude of the staff. Even the nicest places can be horrible to deal with if you have management issues. Walk around, see if you can talk to people that live there. Read reviews online.

Good luck!

Old 07-27-2009, 11:38 AM

Thanks so much. And can you tell me about how far of a drive these areas are from UAH?

Old 07-27-2009, 11:43 AM

122 posts, read 354,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanllabean81 View Post
Thanks so much. And can you tell me about how far of a drive these areas are from UAH?
The Vintage is about 4-5 miles from UAH.

Old 07-27-2009, 01:57 PM

All that were mentioned should be within 10 minutes to UAH (give or take depending on traffic).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area