Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 06:10 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,771,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB2HSV View Post
It's still a higher probability than an average person in LA, probably 99.99% of people has never heard of Huntsville.

And those 0.01% who have heard of Huntsville are engineers who work on some program with big ties to Huntsville.

With that, 99.9999% of Southern Californians who are not engineers have never heard of Huntsville. And those who have, became aware of Huntsville by accidentally clicking the Huntsville City Data forum button.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2009, 04:59 PM

1,645 posts, read 4,587,700 times
When we were in FL for spring break, we met a dude from AL who touted the different schools and was a retired principal. Bizarre. Or wait a minute, that might have been when we were in Orlando for Spring Break. Good times.

Old 12-27-2009, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionlife View Post
When we were in FL for spring break, we met a dude from AL who touted the different schools and was a retired principal. Bizarre. Or wait a minute, that might have been when we were in Orlando for Spring Break. Good times.
So which was it? Orlando or Florida?

Old 12-28-2009, 06:13 AM

I meant fall break--silly me. One of the pros of living here is FALL BREAK. Love it. And I love having a two week Christmas/Winter Holiday break. That made having to travel so much more palatable cause we still had time to relax after a very stressful trip.

Old 12-28-2009, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionlife View Post
I meant fall break--silly me. One of the pros of living here is FALL BREAK. Love it. And I love having a two week Christmas/Winter Holiday break. That made having to travel so much more palatable cause we still had time to relax after a very stressful trip.
I like the fall break too - it really does allow people from the Huntsville area to take advantage of off season rates/crowds. I just wish the school year didn't start in early August.

Old 12-28-2009, 07:50 AM

1,178 posts, read 2,838,392 times
The school year starts early in Georgia too. I think that it is a trend toward going to all year round school - at least that is what I understand from some educators. No long summer break but short breaks throughout the year. Not sure how I feel about it however!

Old 12-29-2009, 07:58 AM

I'd love to see our fall break go back to a week and have 2 days less at Christmas. I pulled my child out of school the Wed. before fall break for our "Important Family Function" so we could enjoy the beach. I found out that Vacation Rental by Owner has really good prices on the condos there. We'll probably go that route next year. My spouse has diamond status with Hilton so we stayed on the beach at the Hilton Resort for free (minus the outrageous cost for the beach set ups and the usual fees). But to go the beach for almost a week and pay less than $1000 was sweet. One of the pros of living here as well. So close to the beaches and they are awesome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area