Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 06:35 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,271,525 times

Advertisements

Heard on the news this morning its going to become Mattress Firm. Right across the road from Furniture Row. Good call or not?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2013, 09:24 PM

432 posts, read 534,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
Heard on the news this morning its going to become Mattress Firm. Right across the road from Furniture Row. Good call or not?
Wierd but happens all the time. Home Depot and Lowest close to each other, all the hotels down on Lindsay, all the restaurants clustered together etc.

I'm just glad to see the building put to use.

Old 03-01-2013, 02:29 AM

8,440 posts, read 13,442,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFGuy View Post
Wierd but happens all the time. Home Depot and Lowest close to each other, all the hotels down on Lindsay, all the restaurants clustered together etc.

I'm just glad to see the building put to use.
I'm glad to see the building used too, but given the location I'll bet another restaurant or specialty shop would have opted on it within a year.

Some think restaurants etc. have only closed in Idaho Falls. That is not true. I was shocked to see a retailer open in Idaho Falls that is closed in a much larger city. It's all about the numbers and "re-alignment"

I.F. Guy, you probably know this, but per chance you've forgotten one of those useless details we learned in earlier days, LOWEs ALWAYS locates within one mile of Home Depot. It's part of their business model. I'm been hearing nationally (don't know locally) that Home Depot may be in some financial trouble. I feel sad seeing the buildings that were built and what started to be when the decline hit. But, am hoping for better times ahead for everyone

MSR

Old 03-01-2013, 06:20 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,271,525 times
Rethinking my post, I guess it does make sense where the locations of like businesses are as it can come down to zoning

Yes, I too am glad that there is a business moving in there. Just as glad as I was to see Dist 93 take over the former Cal Ranch warehouse this past Fall.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:46 PM

3,969 posts, read 13,668,019 times
It may just be me, but it seems the natural order of things should be furniture/computers/other services on the west side of Hitt, and the retail with food and entertainment on the east side of Hitt. But then again, who decides that? Certainly not me. Just a random thought...

Old 03-07-2013, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pw72 View Post
It may just be me, but it seems the natural order of things should be furniture/computers/other services on the west side of Hitt, and the retail with food and entertainment on the east side of Hitt. But then again, who decides that? Certainly not me. Just a random thought...
Hiya pw72,

You're just too logical.

east side = Ammon

west side = Idaho Falls.

Easier now to see who fights and who wins the wars?

MSR

Old 03-07-2013, 07:56 PM

Yeah, MSR, you are right. And I never thought of that, because it all seems like the same city to me. Other than Jimmy Johns, Costa Vida, and Taco Bell (yikes), there is nothing on the west side of of Hitt. EDIT: I guess Red Robin would be considered just west of Hitt, but everything else is further west.

Old 03-08-2013, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Yeah, MSR, you are right. And I never thought of that, because it all seems like the same city to me. Other than Jimmy Johns, Costa Vida, and Taco Bell (yikes), there is nothing on the west side of of Hitt. EDIT: I guess Red Robin would be considered just west of Hitt, but everything else is further west.
True, pw72, about what is located where. I like Winger's and it is on the I.F. side plus maybe 1-2 more I can think of.

What I was trying to say in my previous post is correct about the cities on each side of the street. What I failed to include was the "tax incentives" floated by each city to get the new business in their city.

I don't know how to respond to the news you don't like Taco Bell, pw72. I'll have to about that information for a week or two to know how to respond.

MSR

Old 03-08-2013, 06:49 PM

Forgot about Wingers. As many have. (sorry).

I still think the empty land south of Sunnyside and east and west of Hitt is prime real estate. Will be interesting to see what springs up there. Costco? Another Fred Meyer?

Old 03-08-2013, 08:50 PM

432 posts, read 534,261 times
Quote:
Forgot about Wingers. As many have. (sorry).

I still think the empty land south of Sunnyside and east and west of Hitt is prime real estate. Will be interesting to see what springs up there. Costco? Another Fred Meyer?
I do know that Costco is getting a sweet deal in either city. I am going to go with Fred Meyer in Ammon and Costco in Snake River Landing.

SRL is picking up a lot of building activity this year.

Last edited by IFGuy; 03-08-2013 at 08:52 PM.. Reason: forgot stuff
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls