Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 09:32 PM

3,969 posts, read 13,665,161 times

Advertisements

KFXP, Channel 31, (and Cable One Ch. 9), the former Fox affiliate for Idaho Falls/Pocatello, owned by Compass Communications and operated by KPVI (NBC, Channel 6), will go dark at the end of the month.

No big loss, as once they lost their fox affiliation their programming has been weak. However, Cable One needs to replace something on this channel, and my choice would be either WGN America, or Northwest Cable News. They might put a shopping channel on there, which is not something I want. How about you? Any chance of getting KSL back on our cable system?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2013, 08:36 PM

Please contact Cable One and let them know what you want to see, and don't' want to see on Channel 9.

Old 06-30-2013, 08:53 PM

385 posts, read 526,421 times
I'd love RFD-TV. Pretty surprised it's not an option here

Old 07-01-2013, 11:01 AM

RFD is available on Cable One's higher tier, Channel 394.

Old 07-01-2013, 11:57 AM

385 posts, read 526,421 times
Oh. I went to the RFD website and it didn't mention it: RFD-TV :: Find RFD-TV

Either way, they need to provide it to us cheapskates who opted for the cheap package

Old 07-01-2013, 09:30 PM

No, I get it...RFD is part of something called Family Net HD. Not sure why the name is different, perhaps because Family Net doesn't run ALL of RFD's programming. Not sure. But they specialize in rural programming and news, and add favorites like Mary Tyler Moore, and Bob Newhart.

In the meantime, Channel 9 on Cable One is now a color graph. Bets on how long it will take for them to find new programming for this channel? I remember, when KSL was dropped, it took them atleast a couple of months. Me TV was a good choice to replace KSL, hopefully they will make another good choice. However, I will be completely disappointed with another shopping channel. As I mentuioned earlier, WGN America would bring in additional sports, White Sox, Cubs, Bulls. And, guess what, they are Channel 9 in Chicago. Perfect fit!

Old 07-02-2013, 06:21 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,268,094 times
We have Dish and I find myself watching Netflix more than anything. There are some shows on Dish that I do record and watch later to speed by the commercials.

Old 07-02-2013, 11:49 AM

3,338 posts, read 6,899,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pw72 View Post
KFXP, Channel 31, (and Cable One Ch. 9), the former Fox affiliate for Idaho Falls/Pocatello, owned by Compass Communications and operated by KPVI (NBC, Channel 6), will go dark at the end of the month.

No big loss, as once they lost their fox affiliation their programming has been weak. However, Cable One needs to replace something on this channel, and my choice would be either WGN America, or Northwest Cable News. They might put a shopping channel on there, which is not something I want. How about you? Any chance of getting KSL back on our cable system?
Northwest Cable News is a good channel. We have it here in Boise on cable because our NBC affiliate KTVB is part of that family. Too bad you can't get KTVB in eastern Idaho. KSL is weird....that SNL issue lol.

Old 07-02-2013, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syringaloid View Post
Northwest Cable News is a good channel. We have it here in Boise on cable because our NBC affiliate KTVB is part of that family. Too bad you can't get KTVB in eastern Idaho. KSL is weird....that SNL issue lol.
I'm not sure you heard, but KSL will be putting SNL back on this fall. They say it is because they felt their local sports show would bring in more revenue, not because of content. (Not sure I totally believe that, but that was what they said).

KTVB in Boise, (NBC) has a slim chance of being shown in E. Idaho, because there already is an existing NBC affiliate in Pocatello/Idaho Falls, KPVI. They would raise a huge stink about bringing in NBC out of Boise. In fact they might even raise an issue with NWCN due to it's connection with KTVB.

Old 07-02-2013, 08:42 PM

I just learned that KPVI (NBC) in Pocatello has an agreement to be sold to Los Angeles radio broadcaster, Jason Wolff. He apparently also owns the ABC/Fox affiliate in Macon, Georgia, under the name Frontier Radio Management. Perhaps the KFXP darkout was part of the deal. Don't know, but it appears that this company has limited tv experience. Perhaps they can improve the product, but I'm not counting on it. This news, unless I have missed it, has not been made public in East Idaho media.

Last edited by pw72; 07-02-2013 at 08:58 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
View detailed profiles of: