Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2018, 08:47 AM

434 posts, read 417,161 times

Advertisements

The entire East Idaho region is really strong right now in terms of economic growth. Continued growth at BYUI has put a huge demand on housing in Rexburg.

The cities of Pocatello and Blackfoot had previously been in a slump. The FBI expansion is expected to bring 500 high paying jobs to Pocatello. I hear the Northgate project with the million square foot tech park is being driven by the FBI expansion. This makes me wonder if INL's cybercore project will drive similar growth in Idaho Falls. Now an office park in Ammon doesn't sound as far fetched as it once did

Premier Technology in Blackfoot is adding 150 or so workers. If they win the contract to build the SMRs they would hire another 350.

There are several other developments bringing additional jobs to all the above cities. Even small towns in East Idaho are doing well. That can't be said about most small towns in America.

More people can prosper here than before. Or if you see it the other way, higher rents and congestion are on their way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2018, 03:57 PM

815 posts, read 736,742 times
As a relatively new Pocatello resident, it's been exciting to see some of the growth that has happened in the 9 months or so that I have been here. Especially some of the new locally owned dining options. Loving Las Palomas and tried The Melt food truck a few weeks ago, top notch! The Northgate project should hopefully continue this trend and help bring more jobs to the area! It's a great town that feels like it is really starting to come into its own, yet is still holding on to its small town feel.

Old 06-29-2018, 09:26 PM

432 posts, read 534,072 times
A few other things I've read over the last few weeks have really caught my attention as well. They don't necessarily create jobs right off but are important.

The College of Eastern Idaho has partnered with Premier Technology to certify welders knowing that they'll need many in the near future which may help the college add more degrees and programs in the future. The college has also partnered with (drawing a blank) to help train more for the health care field. I have have a feeling CSI is going to grow and soon.

Also I read about a residency plan for EIRMC, teaming up with the only medical school in Idaho out in Meridian. Maybe one day there will be a second medical school either in Idaho Falls or Pocatello, good for the whole region no matter where.

Of course this is just my speculation and feelings but it does make sense.

Lastly, Blackfoot will be home to the new Cobalt processing plant as well.

If you take a look at all the industry in South East Idaho, they are all very strong. With the regional development partnership in place, this side of the state could give the Treasure Valley a run for it's money in the next couple of decades.

Old 09-08-2018, 04:21 AM

434 posts, read 417,161 times
https://www.localnews8.com/news/econ...air-/792002790

It looks like some big things are happening in Blackfoot. Let's not forget the Cobalt facility and Premier Technology expansions will bring a large number of jobs as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls