Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2007, 09:36 AM

16 posts, read 49,388 times

Advertisements

is it just me or does it seem like there are a ton of newer houses for sale in rigby sitting with no sales ? is SE idaho slowing down for realestate prices like the rest of the country ? it seems like pocatello inventory is going up i dont have figures for the IF area
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2007, 12:20 PM

5,324 posts, read 18,268,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregclauss View Post
is it just me or does it seem like there are a ton of newer houses for sale in rigby sitting with no sales ? is SE idaho slowing down for realestate prices like the rest of the country ? it seems like pocatello inventory is going up i dont have figures for the IF area
Actually, I was at my hairdresser yesterday up in Rigby and she'd just had this very conversation with a mortgage lender.

What's happening is rather than folks going through a bank where your credit must be stellar, they are going through a mortgage lender and basically being "over" qualified as for living within their means and they go out and buy a home they qualify for and it's starting to bite folks in the rear. That's why so many are going up for sale right now. Some are getting caught up in either doing an interest only loan or an ARM and both are quite dangerous for the buyer in the big picture

It's easy to be tempted, also as easy to become house poor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls