Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 09:17 AM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjkmd View Post
After saying that, there are local nut jobs that like to stir the pot. Just last week, there were some white power guys protesting a local taco stand. But they didn't make the local news...thank goodness, cause I'm pretty sure that's what they were looking for.
I saw those idiots a week ago Saturday, on Government Way. They are an embarassment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2011, 02:15 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,962,308 times
Ok, well here's a question. What would be the majority response from the local people if someone was walking around town passing out fliers for God and sharing the truth with everyone... inviting them to the Seventh Day Adventist Church?

Very interesting thread. I'll try and finish reading this.

I bless Couer D'Alene in the name of Yahushua... So Be It!

Old 08-19-2011, 03:09 PM

Very interesting and ironic thread MrSmithW. It seems like we have alot in common. After reading this subject my opinion is... the past is the past. Sure, this city may have a reputation for something like that but things change and I can't help but think very positive about this city. After all, I do believe it to be God's will for me to move there. Why in the world do I have such strong feelings about this? No, it's not just because the city bus system is FREE!!! Hey, but that right there says alot about a city and the people running it!!! Besides, I've learned that unless you know facts you shouldn't jump to conclusions. You know how that goes.

Do you feel like it's God's will? Pray about it. I do find it highly ironic that people like us, who have so much in common, are desiring to move there.

Just a little FYI - you should check out Boise's Anne Frank Memorial. It's the greatest memorial I've ever seen in my life. Very close friends of Anne Frank accually planted trees there. The ones who let her hide at thier house even planted a tree there.

I moved from Oregon (currently in Boise trying to get bus fare) for the same exact reasons as you are wanting to... or allready have? Keep me posted. We should fellowship brother.

I do believe your onto something here.

Old 08-20-2011, 07:30 AM

541 posts, read 1,225,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
Ok, well here's a question. What would be the majority response from the local people if someone was walking around town passing out fliers for God and sharing the truth with everyone... inviting them to the Seventh Day Adventist Church?
Sounds fine by me, though I rarely find fliers all that convincing. Personal testimony would seem far more effective. Way different than neo-nazism, though, right?

Old 08-20-2011, 09:22 AM

31 posts, read 93,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
Source? Anecdotal evidence?
Well, the Aryan Nation leadership remains headquartered in Northern Idaho, and if you believe the group (or this Gerland O'Brien cat), they are growing by 4-5 members per day nationally with a larger percentage of their members coming from Idaho and looking at relocating a compound ther.

I'm not sure why Idaho is singled out for the attention, though. You have other hate groups like the New Black Panthers and these flashmobs showing up in our urban cities that don't seem to deter people to moving in other areas.

It's pretty much everywhere in one flavor or another. I saw it in California when I lived there depending on the neighborhood.

Old 08-20-2011, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMartel2 View Post
Sounds fine by me, though I rarely find fliers all that convincing. Personal testimony would seem far more effective. Way different than neo-nazism, though, right?
Right. I totally agree. It really doesn't do much for people when you pass out things that come from or for specific denomination/religion. What I pass out is called, "Invitation", it's something that I personally wrote, and it's all about pointing people to the one who walked this earth healing thousands of people from all sorts of sickness and desease and even raised dead people (one was dead for four days in the tomb) by the word of His command. I point them to the words of the faithfull eyewitness, John, who's words are clearly true. I want people to understand how awesome it is to have his detailed accounts of those events. At least to read it for themselves, with prayer, and then take it or leave it.

That is all. I will not speak about this again on this thread because it's not about that.

Sooooooo, how's the weather up there? I hear this winter is going to be mild. Yay!

Sorry again for kinda going off subject. That is all.

S. LeBlanc

Old 08-28-2011, 03:03 AM

181 posts, read 435,819 times
This whole thread is predicated upon one act, how many people were killed on the same day by black or hispanic gangs? you would be safer in north Idaho no matter what your race than Los Angeles.

Old 09-11-2011, 06:22 PM

1 posts, read 1,343 times
I am happy to hear there other conservative Jews in the Hayden area. I just purchased a home on a lake in Northern Idaho and was hoping I wasn't alone in beautiful Idaho!

Old 09-16-2011, 07:22 PM

4,923 posts, read 11,193,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boat/golf View Post
I am happy to hear there other conservative Jews in the Hayden area. I just purchased a home on a lake in Northern Idaho and was hoping I wasn't alone in beautiful Idaho!
Oh, you know Ben Stein?

Old 04-01-2012, 09:41 AM

3 posts, read 3,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa12230 View Post
First of all I'm from a big city....Im sorry to say that this town, both northern Idaho, and the surrounding areas, have racism...I met some of the most beautiful people in this town and I will miss them a lot because we are moving back east in the summer...Idaho is not really welcome to change....I have NEVER experienced racism until I came here with my husband, and here again, Im not knocking this town...overall, the beauty is majestic...But, there are still some people who don't like people of other races....i was born and raised in the big city and lived there for over 35 years..
I LIVED IN NORTH IDAHO IN1999 FOR SEVERAL YEARS AND HAD TO COME BACK TO CA. NOW I WANT TO MOVE BACK AND HOPE THE ATTITUDES ARE STILL THE SAME. IT WAS A PART OF HEAVEN TO ME . THANKS FOR LETTING ME KNOW IT HAS NOT CHANGED THAT MUCH.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho