Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2011, 09:34 AM

15 posts, read 85,492 times

Advertisements

Hubby is working in Jerome - family soon to follow. I have been there only once and REALLY liked Twin Falls. The whole area is very nice and there seems to be so much to do!
My question: for our kids, what area would you recommend? Why? I have heard a lot about Kimberly / Filer as well...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2011, 05:39 AM

1,056 posts, read 2,682,776 times
I'm in Twin right now for a week. My parents also live here.

The wind never stops blowing. Ever. And the north side of the canyon is dairy central, and (IMO) pretty trashy.

I like Buhl, Hagerman, and Kimberly a lot. Filer, Jerome, Wendell... not so much.

Old 05-07-2011, 03:25 PM

15 posts, read 85,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boisefan88 View Post
The wind never stops blowing. Ever.
I have visited a couple of times now and the wind really gets to me. It's not a major issue but it's annoying and constant. I was hoping it gets better...

Starting to really freak out about the 1,800 mile move - just so many unanswered questions. As a woman that prefers things to be planned & orderly it will be a real leap of faith for me.

Old 05-09-2011, 09:49 AM

898 posts, read 827,922 times
Of course the wind stops blowing. Let's not be inaccurate about things like the weather. There are a lot of dairies in Jerome but it's not all trashy. Guess it depends whether you ask a kid or a grown-up.

Old 05-09-2011, 09:15 PM

1,056 posts, read 2,682,776 times
I can introduce you to over 100 adults in the TF area (who have been there their entire lives).

They will all concur about the wind and dairies. There are four dairies between Twin and Wendell on I84. The entire Bob Barton highway, and the three highways to the north and south, are nothing but dairies. It's not a horrible thing, but let's be honest.

Let's be honest. The TF is a nice area if you don't mind flat, desert landscape, dairies, and wind on the Northside. Wind and farms on the Southside.

Great access to the river, canyon, South Hills, the mountains, Sun Valley, and a host of other stuff. But you have to deal with the wind. Period.

Old 05-21-2011, 06:59 PM

898 posts, read 827,922 times
Your remarks are almost completely inaccurate. There are dairies to the north but not all that many in TF county. The wind blows on occasion not all the time. Southern Idaho is rural high desert. If that doesn't suit you then you should live elsewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho