Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2014, 11:49 AM

2,054 posts, read 4,275,974 times

Advertisements

More news in local paper:

Hitching Post exempt - Coeur d'Alene Press: Local News

Task force: Ordinance does not apply to ministers - Coeur d'Alene Press: Local News

Rally supports traditional marriage, Hitching Post - Coeur d'Alene Press: Local News

ACLU: N. Idaho chapel now a religious corporation - Coeur d'Alene Press: Local News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2014, 10:46 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,447,035 times
Default Four arrested for human trafficking on I-84 Idaho

WE have Men coming form other states and taking our kids for sex trafficking and we all need to educate our children of the dangers of this so they can be safe. All four are from Georgia

JEROME, Idaho -
Four people are facing human trafficking charges after they were caught holding an 18-year-old woman against her will, Idaho State Police said.
Four arrested for human trafficking on I-84

Old 10-26-2014, 10:50 PM

122 posts, read 217,203 times
We dont live in a safe world, no matter what state your in. So sad.

Old 10-27-2014, 06:54 AM

3,782 posts, read 4,249,635 times
It is a crime, regardless, but does the statement "our kids" denote ID kids or any kids?

Old 11-05-2014, 11:48 AM

3,338 posts, read 6,900,306 times
'The Great State of Ada' Votes: 5 Democrats and 5 Republicans | citydesk | Boise Weekly
Posted By George Prentice on Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 9:45 AM

Idaho Republicans have long derided what they call "the great state of Ada," referring to what they say is a left-leaning Boise-centric voting bloc.

And if indeed there were such a thing, the state of Ada's elected delegation would have a quite different look from the state of Idaho.

On Election Day, these were the candidates who secured the most votes in Ada County:
Governor: A.J. Balukoff - 51.2 percent
Lieutenant Governor: Brad Little - 55.1 percent
Secretary of State: Holli Woodings - 56.5 percent
Treasurer: Deborah Silver - 50.5 percent
Attorney General: Lawrence Wasden - 60.1 percent
Superintendent of Public Instruction: Jana Jones - 58.6 percent
Controller: Brandon Woolf - 100 percent.

Ada County's choices for a U.S. congressional delegation were:

U.S. Senator: Jim Risch - 53.9 percent
* U.S. House Representative District 1: Raul Labrador - 64.7 percent
* U.S. House Representative District 2: Richard Stallings - 54.9 percent

All in, "The State of Ada" would have five Democrats and five Republicans holding its top offices.

(*Ada County is divided between U.S. House Districts 1 and 2.)

Old 11-05-2014, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syringaloid View Post
'The Great State of Ada' Votes: 5 Democrats and 5 Republicans | citydesk | Boise Weekly
Posted By George Prentice on Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 9:45 AM

Idaho Republicans have long derided what they call "the great state of Ada," referring to what they say is a left-leaning Boise-centric voting bloc.

And if indeed there were such a thing, the state of Ada's elected delegation would have a quite different look from the state of Idaho.

On Election Day, these were the candidates who secured the most votes in Ada County:
Governor: A.J. Balukoff - 51.2 percent
Lieutenant Governor: Brad Little - 55.1 percent
Secretary of State: Holli Woodings - 56.5 percent
Treasurer: Deborah Silver - 50.5 percent
Attorney General: Lawrence Wasden - 60.1 percent
Superintendent of Public Instruction: Jana Jones - 58.6 percent
Controller: Brandon Woolf - 100 percent.

Ada County's choices for a U.S. congressional delegation were:

U.S. Senator: Jim Risch - 53.9 percent
* U.S. House Representative District 1: Raul Labrador - 64.7 percent
* U.S. House Representative District 2: Richard Stallings - 54.9 percent

All in, "The State of Ada" would have five Democrats and five Republicans holding its top offices.

(*Ada County is divided between U.S. House Districts 1 and 2.)
Same is most states I have ever lived in. In UT, Salt Lake city is the major dem area. In MI it was Detroit, Bay City, and Lansing. In TN it was Memphis with a little bit of Knoxville thrown in. In NY it was the major cities; country side areas were primarily republican but not a big population to overcome. GA, same as NY. Heck, even IL is primarily republican outside of Cook County...
In other words, most large metro areas; especially those with low-income populations tend to head to the democratic politicians.

Old 11-05-2014, 07:43 PM

1,402 posts, read 3,364,193 times
I believe that the big issue here in Boise and Ada County is that a lot of people are fed up with Otter. Some of the most Democratic areas of Boise are also the most wealthy areas of town.

As a native of Idaho I feel he has embarrassed my state too many times.

Old 11-06-2014, 04:22 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TohobitPeak View Post
I believe that the big issue here in Boise and Ada County is that a lot of people are fed up with Otter. Some of the most Democratic areas of Boise are also the most wealthy areas of town.

Well, we have another 4 years of him, like it or not. I've known Butch since 1972, and he's always had Idaho in his back pocket. Being J.R. Simplot's son-in-law helped Butch a lot more than it ever helped J.R.
Butch started on 3rd base and always thought he had hit a home run.

I met J.R. a couple of times, too, a very long time ago, and I always believed that after Butch divorced Gaye, J.R. would have happily strangled him and fed him to the french fry cutting machine in the Caldwell plant.

Old 11-06-2014, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TohobitPeak View Post

I guess 54 percent didn't think he was as embarrassing for the state as the other guy

Old 11-06-2014, 08:53 AM

5,266 posts, read 8,744,831 times
As always, the majority will get what they deserve.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho