Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 02:39 PM

17 posts, read 104,260 times

Advertisements

Yep, house closed today, will soon be on the road to Idaho, from Washington state. No housing secured, just have contacted realtor and have leads on several rental homes if cannot find suitable home to buy. Looking at Nampa, Boise proper, and Emmett.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2006, 05:16 PM

3 posts, read 8,787 times
Well congratulations, I think you will love it here. I live in the Spirit Lake area and love the guietness and lack of people.

Kat

Old 09-29-2006, 07:57 AM

19 posts, read 59,236 times
where in washington are you from?

Old 09-30-2006, 10:25 AM

45 posts, read 187,072 times
may want to rent for one or two years as the housing markets adjust to more realistic prices. There will be many a good deal in housing in two years as the market adjusts. Or you can buy at today's high prices and end up top heavy on a mortgage.

Old 09-30-2006, 11:37 AM

do you really think prices are going to go down in Idaho?

Old 09-30-2006, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMilt View Post
do you really think prices are going to go down in Idaho?
They already are. Cory Barton Homes is advertising the incentive of six months house payments being paid for the buyer. Trying to lure that last of the suckers in before everyone realizes that the bubble has burst.
Median house prices are not reflecting the true cost of the home sale because the cost of incentives are not figured in to the numbers.

Old 09-30-2006, 01:17 PM

so what do you think the margin is between asking price and offer price now as compared to before? any thoughts on that?

Old 09-30-2006, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMilt View Post
so what do you think the margin is between asking price and offer price now as compared to before? any thoughts on that?

Margins? The real estate industrial complex obfuscates the numbers so it’s hard to have firm numbers on actual offers and sales numbers INCLUDING the incentives paid to the buyers. People slowly awakening out of their denial and trance like state of believing that “real estate can only go up”. Prices will drop substantially by the end of winter. This is simply because of the law of supply and demand.
Here are some numbers. Numbers of houses on the market for Boise and surrounding towns and areas on Jan 1st 2006 was 1,529 units, as of Sept. 28th 2006 4,534 units. This AFTER the busy home selling season came to a close.
For more info check this out. Just remember that the median prices mentioned at this site are bogus.
http://www.benengebreth.org/housingt...n/Idaho/Boise/

A home is only worth what the highest bid is for the day.
Home sale value has nothing to do with
· The price one paid for it
· The appraised value
· The mortgage on said house
· What one feels they deserve to get out of the sale
· What Mother said it is worth
· What the neighbors sold their home for
· Granite counter tops and the smell of bread baking
· All other wishes of the homeowner

It will get ugly next year in Boise. There are subdivisions built that need to be filled as well as many more in the development stages. Several HUGE planned communities are in the works as well. Lots of homes to add to the supply side and little demand. Unless, well there is one thing that might change that situation but it is very unpleasant to talk about.

Old 09-30-2006, 09:52 PM

17 posts, read 104,260 times
Well I'm here, and it's different than where I've lived. I viewed some of the Nampa area, Meridian, and lots of Kuna. Idaho is different than I expected, I envisioned green hills and mountains, but it's mostly flat and the hills are brown with few trees. Funny, today my realtor said Boise is French for "tree"!

Kuna was an old ag/rural area with a good number of newer homes mixed in and no real downtown, at least different downtown than I'm used to. Meridian is ok, I like north Boise but even if you're not in the foothills the prices are more than I'd pay.

Honestly, I think I'm going to stick with my original plan and check out Colorado. Not to knock this area, it reminds me of where I grew up in California. And I hear it's a growing city.

Old 09-30-2006, 10:12 PM

5,324 posts, read 18,264,571 times
If you go further south to the Magic Valley, you'll find your rolling hills and green stuff. Although, with Fall here some areas are starting to go brown, not all mind you, just some. Where you are currently is high desert

Potato harvest is in full swing in southern and southeast Idaho.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho