Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2013, 12:42 AM

6 posts, read 8,655 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

I have been reading past threads on Idaho since my husband and I are going to be moving there next year. We visited Boise last year for a few days and had a great time. We will be concentrating on Northern Idaho and are looking to rent in Coeur D'Alene while we scope out surrounding areas. We are also going to check out Sandpoint. I saw all the photos that people living in different parts of Idaho put up and it has been wonderful to see the beauty in each one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2013, 12:57 AM

181 posts, read 435,699 times
Your lucky to be moving to one of the most spectacular places on the Earth. Welcome to North Idaho, a new place to live for those who miss the Old America. I moved here about 3 years ago and would never leave, it's been very good to me.

North Idaho is so much different than South Idaho, it's green with wonderful mountains and lakes here. The people are wonderful, the culture is what you would hope and your family will do great here.

If you move to Idaho to be Idahoan and you embrace the culture it will embrace you, I'm glad your moving here and welcome.

Old 12-30-2013, 01:26 AM

8,440 posts, read 13,442,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEADTIME View Post
Your lucky to be moving to one of the most spectacular places on the Earth. Welcome to North Idaho, a new place to live for those who miss the Old America. I moved here about 3 years ago and would never leave, it's been very good to me.

North Idaho is so much different than South Idaho, it's green with wonderful mountains and lakes here. The people are wonderful, the culture is what you would hope and your family will do great here.

If you move to Idaho to be Idahoan and you embrace the culture it will embrace you, I'm glad your moving here and welcome.
Welcome to the OP.

And South Idaho has National Parks, Craters of the Moon, the Falls in Twin Falls and so much more omitted above. A lot of people think the southern part of the state is great too. Oh, it's also green in southern ID too. Hope the OP is able to visit more of the state to see differences and similarities soon

MSR

Old 12-30-2013, 09:06 AM

6 posts, read 8,655 times
DEADTIME and Mtn. States Resident,

Thanks for the welcome! I realize that Northern Idaho will be different than the Southern...more snow for sure since I have checked out city data. How accurate is city data by the way? I have lived all over Canada and know snow and cold but what is an average Winter like in Coeur D'Alene and Sandpoint?
It will be just my husband and I moving here and we are conservative Christians so we will be totally embracing the Idahoan way of life! We are looking for a town within 15 min. from Coeur D'Alene or Sandpoint to have a bit of land..2-5 acres, where you can know your neighbors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho