Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2017, 04:45 PM

43 posts, read 87,287 times

Advertisements

I've just bought a used jeep for my idaho wheels, but I'm still learning about jeeps and this one in particular. Can anyone recommend a shop that I can take it to get it checked out, as well as for long term maintenance? Anyone have any experience with the jeep dealer in Sagle or CDA?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2017, 07:31 PM

44 posts, read 43,793 times
I'm kinda a Jeep fan, feel free to ask me any questions. As for shops, I am sill learning my way around.

Old 10-12-2017, 10:59 PM

69 posts, read 80,781 times
I have a Jeep too and will be looking for a good shop also.

I was eyeing that Dodge/Jeep dealership up the 95 in Sagle. I'm thinking the mechanics who work there have to have the required certifications. If it's like most dealerships it will be more expensive, but if you have any immediate work that needs to get done it may work in a pinch until you find a better shop.

I had someone recommend Performance Automotive in Sandpoint as a general mechanic. I got an 87 Chevy pick-up plow truck with the property when I bought it and I was looking for a place to take it for a tune up/service. It went in running a rough and came out running great.

I know it was a basic service, but at least they didn't screw it up! Maybe others here will have input on them from their experience.

Let me know if you find a good Jeep shop. I'll be needing one too.

Old 10-17-2017, 03:49 PM

1,180 posts, read 2,374,340 times
I do most of my own repairs and recently installed a lift, bumper, and winch on my Wrangler. Pretty easy stuff. I think most of the mechanical/drivetrain stuff could be done by a Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep dealer, or if it's just little service stuff I think a local shop would be fine.

On a side note, on the 3.6 liter Pentastar V6, the oil changes are so simple it's easily the simplest oil change I've done. Filter is on top of the motor, you just unscrew the cover, pull out the filter and put the new one in.

Old 10-18-2017, 12:33 PM

43 posts, read 87,287 times
Thanks Dangerous Dave....i bought an older jeep (2005 Wrangler LJ) and do plan on doing a lot of my own maintenance, just want to try to figure out what has actually been done to it--its been lifted, not too high but I'm not sure how high, with aftermarket air intake system, lockers and sway bar installed..... Will probably take it to the local jeep dealer in Sagle and ask the mechanics to crawl over/under/through it and tell me what they discover. Ghostrider I appreciate the tip on Performance Automotive as well

Old 10-19-2017, 09:51 AM

5,266 posts, read 8,747,546 times
Hopefully the dealer in Sagle has changed for the better in the last three years. I had a bad experience with them and they had a very poor attitude about correcting what they fixed so I ended up going to the dealer in Spokane to have it fixed.

I haven't bothered with them since.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho