Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 03:28 AM

879 posts, read 2,857,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pridediva View Post

Where would you suggest a young gay couple look as far as settling down? Obviously Boise would be the first answer, but we weren't too crazy about it when we were there this week. I guess we're looking for something a little smaller, less busy, and more community.
Hey there. Where are you coming from? And may I ask why you didn't like Boise?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2008, 08:54 AM

3,338 posts, read 6,896,221 times
If Boise is too big, then I would suggest other more liberal(liberal by Idaho standards) areas like Moscow, Sandpoint, Ketchum/Sun Valley area, and even small towns near Boise such as Emmett, Payette, Weiser, Nampa. A joke is that Rexburg is a good place to meet up and coming gays at BYU. I think anywhere in Idaho you live there will be gay and lesbian couples--even in the small towns. I once read an article that said that gay/lesbian couples are attracted to Idaho to escape what can be a degrading gay lifestlye in the large coastal cities.

Old 07-19-2008, 03:46 AM

1 posts, read 5,498 times
I would suggest Moscow. It's a pocket of liberalism, probably because of the presence of the U of I, and Washington State University is only 8 miles away. That gives a greater diversity of people from all over, and Northern Idaho is beautiful. Sandpoint has always been kind of an old hippie community, so that's another option. Just beware that nearby Hayden Lake and Couer d'Alene areas are havens for Aryan Nations supporters (hence the migration of Mark Furman to that area). It's a mixed bag, like anywhere else. Good Luck.

Old 07-19-2008, 01:53 PM

1,043 posts, read 3,438,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daughterofidaho View Post
I would suggest Moscow. It's a pocket of liberalism, probably because of the presence of the U of I, and Washington State University is only 8 miles away. That gives a greater diversity of people from all over, and Northern Idaho is beautiful. Sandpoint has always been kind of an old hippie community, so that's another option. Just beware that nearby Hayden Lake and Couer d'Alene areas are havens for Aryan Nations supporters (hence the migration of Mark Furman to that area). It's a mixed bag, like anywhere else. Good Luck.

WOW, Mark Fuhrmen is a Nazi? I did not know that.. I wonder why he didnt stay in Calif and just move near the Arayan Nation stronghold in Fallbrook California. Its just about 80 miles from LA.

Old 07-19-2008, 02:23 PM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,179 posts, read 7,017,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daughterofidaho View Post
That is such an uneducated statement regarding Hayden Lake, CdA and especially Mark Fuhrman...so sad. You are years and years behind the times...and my guess is that you do not know Mr Fuhrman.

Old 07-19-2008, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esselcue View Post
That is such an uneducated statement regarding Hayden Lake, CdA and especially Mark Fuhrman...so sad. You are years and years behind the times...and my guess is that you do not know Mr Fuhrman.
Amen.

Old 07-19-2008, 02:58 PM

658 posts, read 830,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace_Rinaldi View Post
WOW, Mark Fuhrmen is a Nazi? I did not know that.. I wonder why he didnt stay in Calif and just move near the Arayan Nation stronghold in Fallbrook California. Its just about 80 miles from LA.
You STILL don't know that. You just read it on some website. Amazing what people will accept because it sounds possible. Vote for me for President!

Old 07-19-2008, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesandveybe View Post
You STILL don't know that. You just read it on some website. Amazing what people will accept because it sounds possible. Vote for me for President!
James I was trying to be sarcastic I have already spoken up for Mr. Fuhrmen in other threads. I no more think he is a Nazi than I think you are.

BTW since the original poster hasnt posted more than this one thread it leads me to think he was baiting. Looking for some Idaho "Nazi's to go all homophobic on him.. I may be wrong, but it does seem odd he hasnt posted again.

Last edited by Trace_Rinaldi; 07-19-2008 at 03:30 PM..

Old 07-19-2008, 06:20 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,836,115 times
I would normally delete a post like this for trolling...but since it's at the tail of the post, it sounds like just a horribly ignorant view based on the allegations thrown about during the OJ Simpson trial or the media feeding frenzy following...

I think this poster may need to think twice and check some facts before posting again...tough to post something (possibly) well meaning and get bum rushed and monkey stomped for it...but that's how it is...

Old 08-02-2008, 10:36 AM

19 posts, read 271,931 times
I am a very conservative Christian, but have gay friends. Like any choice, just don't make it your total mantra, and push people away by it. I try to be a person who happens to be a Christian, not a Christian who happens to be a person. My gay friends are people who live a gay lifestyle, not gays who happen to be people.

It works.

BTW, I am convinced that the personnel guy at the last job interview I had in No. Id, was gay, but it didn't concern me.

There are haters everywhere, who will hate one life choice or another. Gay is not the only hated one. We all just need to get along.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho