Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2007, 11:21 PM

17 posts, read 89,597 times

Advertisements

I have an agent who is sending me listings for Nampa- there is NE Nampa, S Nampa...but where are the family friendly safe neighborhoods? How is Nampa laid out? Is the beet smell everywhere? Can you recommend N,S, E, or W? What areas should I stay away from?

Are there older 'good' neighborhoods? Newer but nicely designed tracts?

Thanks! (:
Jeff Prentice
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2007, 05:37 PM

46 posts, read 336,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrito View Post
I have an agent who is sending me listings for Nampa- there is NE Nampa, S Nampa...but where are the family friendly safe neighborhoods? How is Nampa laid out? Is the beet smell everywhere? Can you recommend N,S, E, or W? What areas should I stay away from?

Thanks! (:
Jeff Prentice
I live in the southwest side of nampa and we like it here. There are a lot of families in our area and the homes are pretty new. Ours was built in '99. I would say that the southwest side is the best.

Old 04-05-2007, 05:46 PM

46 posts, read 336,633 times
Also, the northwest side is good I hear too. I am unsure about the rest. I know there are a few "mobile home' areas, and like Boise adn surrounding areas, it has some crime, but still a great alernative for raising a family outside of a city! Been here around 3 years and have never had any problems at all.

Good Luck!

Old 04-08-2007, 11:16 PM

17 posts, read 89,597 times
Default beet smell?

Do u get a beet smell? I lived in new orleans and would smell the big coffee roasting aroma from somewhere - it wasnt bad, just strong - but beets? Does it get in the house?

How are property taxes? And energy bills - AC during the summer and heat during the winter .... curious - J

Old 04-09-2007, 12:01 PM

124 posts, read 396,589 times
Jeff,

I live in SW Nampa and the beet smell is not very bad when we get it. Most of the time the wind is blowing the other way. I actually don't recall smelling it at our house but my wife said she has and it was very weak smell.

I pay just about as much in property taxes that I was paying in California. The difference is that I have a bigger and nicer home, it just cost less here.

Utilities are very reasonable here. My electrical bill runs between $35 and $60 per month. I have a 2,000 SF home with central air and, because we are retired, we run it a lot in the summer.

Gas has quite a spread. August has been our cheapest month at $13 and December was highest at $124. Keep in mind that we are retired and heat the home all day in the winter. We use level pay and our combined utility payment is $110/month.

Art

Old 04-10-2007, 11:25 AM

630 posts, read 2,431,494 times
If you have kids, then, the Vallivue School District would be a good choice.
It expands from Nampa to parts of Caldwell.

The beet smell isn't really that bad, if you choose a home near it.
I wouldn't really say that there are really bad or good areas in Nampa.
It just really depends on where you want to live, and who you talk to.

There are a lot of new subdivisions going in.

There are family friendly neighborhoods all over the place.
You won't have any problems finding them.
There are also some 55 + communities, and gated.
It really all depends on your pricetag for a home.

To find out a little info on the Nampa area, contact the Chamber of Commerce.
http://www.nampa.com/relocation_info.asp (broken link)
They have a relocation packet that they will send out. It's about $15.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrito View Post

Thanks! (:
Jeff Prentice

Old 04-14-2007, 03:43 AM

77 posts, read 271,840 times
There are some REALLY nice older neighborhoods in central Nampa.

Living within walking distance of downtown is a plus.

Old 04-14-2007, 03:31 PM

68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markpemble View Post
There are some REALLY nice older neighborhoods in central Nampa.

Living within walking distance of downtown is a plus.

Could you give us a little dsecription of downtown? When I visited Boise I was only able to visit the Warhawk Museum at Nampa Airport, walking distance to a downtown is a BIG + to me.

Old 04-15-2007, 02:55 AM

77 posts, read 271,840 times
Well, let's see;
Personally, when I visit downtown, I usually like to stop in at the skate shop.
And then maybe head on over to the library; But that's only when I'm walking. because parking at the library is not the best.

There are also a few HUGE used bookstores downtown.
There are a few night clubs;

The large Coffee House/Garage hosts quite a few great shows/concerts every week.

I'm not really into fine dining; but there are a few well recognized resturaunts located downtown.

I really wanted to purchase a home about 5 blocks east of downtown last year. I believe it was about 91k for a 4 bedroom 2 bath.
I didn't buy it. It was too far of a bike ride from work.

But someone really got a good deal.

Old 04-15-2007, 06:45 AM

68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Thanks, I was a little surprised at housing costs near downtown Boise, Nampa sounds like an alternative worth looking into.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
View detailed profiles of: