Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 08:44 PM

1,573 posts, read 2,925,955 times

Advertisements

Canine Castle We live in Midvale and have also lived in Cambridge. Right now the air quality is awful. They are doing prescribed burns AND there is supposed to be two fires not intended.

Both Cambridge and Midvale have some winter inversions. Midvale gets winter fog. I always thought it was really bad when we did not live here in Midvale . Last year we felt the fog was no big deal. It can be thick in the mornings and then lift. We are pretty high desert here and Cambridge too.

All in all we really liked /like both places. We also lived in Challis 60 miles from Salmon and the air quality was pretty good there too but way too cold for us. We just got tired of the extreme winter cold. Many nights at zero and way below and days warming to 10 degrees. Over here the weather is not as harsh. We were over there for 8+ years. Challis and Clayton.

Chris
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2009, 11:14 AM

5,406 posts, read 13,278,915 times
I'm just not going to find my perfect spot, am I? I just don't want to make another mistake...been there, done that. I need to do much research and much traveling before I decide on my next locale, God willing.

Old 10-20-2010, 08:51 PM

14 posts, read 36,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
Fisherman,
Congrats on the sale of your house!!! That's incredible! Just saw the thread--I don't know if I'm allowed to say "welcome to the neighborhood" since we just own land up there, no house yet, but in my heart I've already put roots down...
Obviously I'm partial to the Clark Fork area, but I've looked at properties from Elmira to Moyie Springs, and even along Highway 2, 56, and 200 over in Montana. I was really surprised at how many great properties there were within our price range and with the features we wanted, in the general area. In the end of course I found the spot that was best for us (and in the best state! Sorry Rickers!). And I had a terrific Sandpoint real estate agent; she was not only a reliable and thorough realtor, she had that 6th sense of guessing the exact property "needs and wants" that I didn't even know I was communicating to her. I assume it would be against the rules to post her name or business, but you can send me a PM and I'll tell you next time I go online.
I saw on another thread that you'll be renting a place while you're looking around. Oh, you'll have so much fun! I like Sagle myself, although I wanted to be north/east of Sandpoint. Sagle has a cool little swap meet...
Hi CFS,

Wife and I are looking real hard in your neck of the woods for a place we can call home. I'm retiring at the end of the year and we sure like NID! Would you mind letting me know through a PM which realtor you used?

Thanks

Pete

Old 10-21-2010, 08:38 AM

7,380 posts, read 12,673,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnp514 View Post
Hi CFS,

Wife and I are looking real hard in your neck of the woods for a place we can call home. I'm retiring at the end of the year and we sure like NID! Would you mind letting me know through a PM which realtor you used?

Thanks

Pete
Pete, I sent you a message. Good luck!

Old 12-14-2010, 08:18 PM

91 posts, read 237,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
Pete, I sent you a message. Good luck!
CFF, I may be transfering to Sandpoint in a few months. Can you pm me the realtor?

Old 12-15-2010, 05:19 PM

7,380 posts, read 12,673,025 times
Hi btroop, I wish I could, but she's not active in her profession right now. Ask me again in another month if you're still looking! And best of luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho