Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 06:32 PM

115 posts, read 319,491 times

Advertisements

I have a question. If it has already been answered I apologize. I have read through a lot of posts but I have yet to find an answer. In doing my research on Idaho cities/towns I have noticed that Idaho has a high ratio of sex offenders. I have read the posts where people say that Idaho is so much tougher on sex offenders than other states that is why the ratio is so high. However, I cannot find any concrete evidence to support this other than opinion. Does anyone know of a web site or article that can reinforce this opinion? I would like to see some supporting research. I am not trying to start a fight or provoke anyone. I am VERY interested in moving to Idaho and I am just trying to make an educated and informed decision on where to move my family and me. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2009, 06:52 PM

5,324 posts, read 18,281,547 times
I don't have an article or website, but I can tell you if a 19 year old "man" is caught with a minor female; i.e.boyfriend and girlfriend, he will be a registered sex offender.

Old 09-05-2009, 11:47 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,846,422 times
Don't worry. Nobody is offended. Hard to point you to something because it's a different in case law, practical sentencing guidelines, etc. I saw it over and over with sex offenders pleading down severe crimes to things that wouldn't get them listed as a registered offender.

Old 09-06-2009, 12:30 PM

274 posts, read 952,943 times
Just to help in your search of areas you might want to live, here is a search page for the Central Sex Offender Registry. It also has a mapping function which you might find useful.

Central Sex Offender Registry - Bureau of Criminal Identification - Idaho State Police - Registry Search (http://www.isp.state.id.us/sor_id/search.htm - broken link)

Old 09-06-2009, 10:14 PM

382 posts, read 1,034,186 times
There are a lot of them around the area. They come over from Geiger correctional in Washington State. Do a search on sex offenders in North Idaho and in Spokane Wa.

Old 09-08-2009, 03:25 PM

Thank you for your responses.

Old 09-13-2009, 05:07 PM

I am still looking for answers. Anybody who can help me?

Old 09-13-2009, 07:53 PM

382 posts, read 1,034,186 times
Ok here ya go. Now I don't understand why you could not find anything.
It's what makes the internet so great you can look things up. If I find the evidence you need why do you need it?
//www.city-data.com/soz/soz-83815.html
National Sex Offender Registry

Old 09-14-2009, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay View Post
Ok here ya go. Now I don't understand why you could not find anything.
It's what makes the internet so great you can look things up. If I find the evidence you need why do you need it?
//www.city-data.com/soz/soz-83815.html
National Sex Offender Registry

You did not answer my original question. I did not ask for help in finding where sex offenders live. I do not need evidence that sex offenders exist. I need evidence that Idaho is tougher/stricter on sex offenders than other states.

Old 09-14-2009, 04:49 PM

1 posts, read 3,085 times
I've been doing a similar search, and although I'm not an expert, it seems that areas with low cost of living have a higher concentration of sex offenders, pretty much nationwide. It makes sense - I don't imagine that sex offenders are going to get a particularly well paying job. Looking at the offenses, I wouldn't attribute any of those to tougher enforcement. To me, there isn't much of a gray area in terms of messing with kids. full disclosure: I don't live in Idaho - just thinking about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho