Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 09:41 AM

148 posts, read 501,849 times

Advertisements

darlene, read my post to other relocating. Any info or help I can be is offered. We have twin girls who are in 5th grade and going to middle school next year. You can PM me if you want. Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by darlene910 View Post
I hope your move went well. My family is also moving to Bonners Ferry this June 2011 and I would love to get some information on the schools and other activities in town. I have two middle-school aged children who are interested in dance and gymnastics.
Please any information regarding life in Bonners Ferrry would be great!
Thanks again
Darla
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2011, 08:16 AM

11 posts, read 49,495 times
I am happy to report that we have been in the bonners ferry area for about a year and we love it here. We made it through the winter fine so I am feeling better about that, now I wish the sun would come out and stay a while .

To the person who asked about schools. I can't tell you much because we homeschool our kids. I can tell you there is a great dance teacher and studio here in bonners ferry. My daughter takes ballet there and loves it. Not sure about gymnastics but I am sure you can find most any activity in Sandpoint which is not too far away.

Thanks for the recommendation on the driving class. I will have to check into that.

Anyway, thanks for the posts. We are very happy North Idaho dwellers now.

Sarah

Old 04-28-2011, 10:53 AM

sarah, I think we all are wishing for the sun. I wish it would just get in the 60's. We are tucked up next to the selkirks and it usually runs 5-8 degrees cooler than bonners.

Old 07-03-2011, 07:22 PM

159 posts, read 306,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by babydollinman View Post
I am happy to report that we have been in the bonners ferry area for about a year and we love it here. We made it through the winter fine so I am feeling better about that, now I wish the sun would come out and stay a while .

To the person who asked about schools. I can't tell you much because we homeschool our kids. I can tell you there is a great dance teacher and studio here in bonners ferry. My daughter takes ballet there and loves it. Not sure about gymnastics but I am sure you can find most any activity in Sandpoint which is not too far away.

Thanks for the recommendation on the driving class. I will have to check into that.

Anyway, thanks for the posts. We are very happy North Idaho dwellers now.

Sarah
Hi Sarah,
It is so nice to hear that your transfer has gone well. My family & I are considering moving to Idaho this next spring, though not yet sure exactly where. I was researching a little on Bonner's Ferry when I found your post. We currently live in Kansas. I noticed you said you homeschool. We do too. I have five kiddo's ages 6yrs.- 15yrs. Are there very many other homeschoolers in that area?

Old 07-03-2011, 07:23 PM

Hi Sarah,
It is so nice to hear that your transfer has gone well. My family & I are considering moving to Idaho this next spring, though not yet sure exactly where. I was researching a little on Bonner's Ferry when I found your post. We currently live in Kansas. I noticed you said you homeschool. We do too. I have five kiddo's ages 6yrs.- 15yrs. Are there very many other homeschoolers in that area?
Angela

Old 07-03-2011, 09:13 PM

thought that i would chime in here. we don't home school but have several families from church (st. ann's catholic) that do. I can't give you a percentage of home school's but it seems rather high in Boundary County.

Old 07-04-2011, 10:32 AM

Thank you Flatlander. From all I'm learning Bonners Ferry is sounding more & more like the kind of place we'd like to call home. Conservative, small town, friendliness, history, fellow homeschoolers, & 4 very distinct seasons with much cooler summers than what we have presently. Now if only we could figure out the job portion. My husband is an ASE Certified Auto Technician. Are there any mechanic shops in town? My husband prefers the small ma & pop operations to the big shops. Through his experience he has discovered that the small shops tend to be more honest & reliable than bigger business most the time. Is Sandpoint the nearest big city? Are there any other little towns surrounding that could have jobs available? I know the roads get bad in the winter, so I'm assuming too far of a commute would not be good. Though we do own two lifted 4 wheel drive vehicles. That's the only way we get out of our place sometimes. But it's nothing compared to there I'm sure.

Old 07-04-2011, 09:24 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,848,008 times
Sandpoint can't really be described as a "big city"...with about 7000 residents, but it will have the closest Home Depot, Wal-Mart, and more shopping. I would say that CDA is the closest bigger town...with a "metro area (CDA, Hayden, PF) of about 75,000 pop.

May need to consider having husband job hunt in the Sandpoint area...we know several folks who live in BF (or nearby) and work in Sandpoint.

Old 07-05-2011, 08:33 AM

SandPoint sounds big enough for us though your right that is not a big city. How far away is CDA from Sandpoint? I've been trying to do more research on BF, but am finding it hard to find much. I think my family & I will want to rent for a short time before buying to give us a chance to look around more, but I'm not finding anything on rentals in that area.

Old 07-05-2011, 03:10 PM

7,386 posts, read 12,693,281 times
You might also check for work in Troy, MT, which is only about 30 minutes from Bonners if I remember correctly. It's a very small town with a slow economy and high unemployment, but you never know. Anyway, it's a nice drive from Bonners to Troy! Libby is larger, but that's another 30 minutes away, so that may be too long a commute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho