Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 11:57 PM

39,870 posts, read 26,514,597 times

Advertisements

Dog killed by wolf in north Idaho, could be growing trend - News Story - KXLY Spokane
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2010, 11:28 AM

820 posts, read 1,740,155 times
It is so crazy they introduced those up here. My buddy is a helicopter pilot who got hired by blm or whomever to fly around the snipers to get them and he said it is crazy out there. They are big enough to talk out bull elks. Hell whats next, go to africa, get lions and re-release them here as well?

Old 05-22-2010, 12:10 PM

1,043 posts, read 3,440,553 times
I dont understand why they brought Canadian Gray's here... They're not even the indiginous wolf for this area, and are a freakin menace... I've seen a couple, and have seen sign, but I think the open season put a hurt on them cause I havent seen anything wolf related in a while..
I saw some pics of the ones they have taken right near here in St Maries... Those things are HUGE, and Im not just being hyberbolic... With thier sport killing personalities, it wont be long till they really upset some people and get folks up at arms...

Old 05-22-2010, 12:28 PM

464 posts, read 1,111,605 times
Another liberal asinine program intended to put wildlife interests ahead of human interests. I am all for preserving wildlife, but I'd prefer getting rid of anything that could EAT ME....freakin' morons I tell ya.

We should put all the dumb asses that got these wolves released in the wild in a tent in the middle of wolf country and say, go frolick!

As a dog lover, this story just pisses me off to no end!

Old 05-22-2010, 12:48 PM

20 posts, read 37,222 times
Some believe the whole wolf reinfestation is a scheme to GET RID of wildlife--with no game animals, and nothing to hunt, then the hunters will quit, and get rid of their guns....

Old 05-22-2010, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDoe View Post
Some believe the whole wolf reinfestation is a scheme to GET RID of wildlife--with no game animals, and nothing to hunt, then the hunters will quit, and get rid of their guns....
I gotta admit the paranoid in me thought the same when I started looking into it... I was kinda thinking more a PETA angle than a gun eradication scheme though... They would love to end hunting of all kinds... I guess its OK to slaughter animals for sport as long as your an animal too...
I also tend to think there might an agenda too keep folks from being able to be self sufficient... Again that could just be the noid in me..

Old 05-22-2010, 11:17 PM

7,380 posts, read 12,673,025 times
Trace!!! Your 1000th post!!!! Congrats, you old noid, you!

Old 05-23-2010, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
Trace!!! Your 1000th post!!!! Congrats, you old noid, you!
Your GOOD, N.!!! I hadnt even noticed.... Im an oldster now....LOL..

Seriously.. I figured I would be on this forum for a while till I moved and that would be it.... If not for all the COOL Idaho folks(AND soon to be Idaho folks) here it would have been too...

BTW I MAY be paranoid, but that dont mean they arent watching me... The voices in my head tell me so...

Old 05-23-2010, 08:53 AM

2,054 posts, read 4,276,566 times
Another story on Wolves in the paper about a tapeworm that can be passed to dogs and humans through the scat. The eggs can become airborne and breathed in. "Dangerous internal cysts that are difficult to remove with surgery" is the line that caught my attention. Officials say it is overhyped, but like Mr. 1000, I am not big on "officials".

Old 05-23-2010, 01:03 PM

464 posts, read 1,111,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elousv View Post
Another story on Wolves in the paper about a tapeworm that can be passed to dogs and humans through the scat. The eggs can become airborne and breathed in. "Dangerous internal cysts that are difficult to remove with surgery" is the line that caught my attention. Officials say it is overhyped, but like Mr. 1000, I am not big on "officials".
Yeah, but if you shoot a wolf you'll go to jail longer than if you raped a 10 yr old or slaughters 25 innocent people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho