Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 10:46 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,333,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
Without the corporations hiring them then they wouldn't be here. That isn't too difficult to grasp, is it?

Duh, no job, no illegal.
So if a bank robber offers someone part of his ill gotten booty to drive the get-a-away car and they accept it is only the bank robber that is guilty of the crime? What part of that don't you grasp? Hint...they're in it together.

Are you saying that these illegals have no knowledge that to come to this country without proper papers and work under fake or stolen I.D. is against the law? It simply amazes me that the pro-illegals completely exhonerate any guilt on the part of the illegal worker.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2010, 10:51 AM

2,673 posts, read 3,252,462 times
It simply amazes me of the number of people who continue to perpuate the hiring of illegal labor by the purchase of goods from corporations that actively recruit, hire and abuse this modern day slave labor.

It also amazes me how some people manage to slant and twist thoughts and words of others to the point of outright lies. That's so beckish.

Old 07-08-2010, 10:56 AM

2,085 posts, read 2,471,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
The majority rules in this country. That is what a democracy is all about. Too bad many of our politicans have forgotten that. Placating the desires of the minority while ignoring the will of the majority is not what this country is all about.
It is now......

Old 07-08-2010, 10:57 AM

50,453 posts, read 47,177,398 times
We are asking the Govt to fix this problem by raiding these businesses but they are not doing it. I don't think asking the US population to quit eating is an option. We want the Illegals gone so that it drives wages up to the point an American can live off of the wage these businesses will be forced to give. That is a reasonable request.

Old 07-08-2010, 11:32 AM

27,189 posts, read 15,364,237 times
Quote:
"You say, "If they commited[sic]no crime".
Too late, they did when they crossed the border illegaly[sic] showing themselves to not be a good candidate for citizenship."

That has become a tired, worn out cliche. That crime is a misdomeanor.

Worn out cliche?

It's the truth.
Sorry it does not fit your agenda.

Entering this or any country without it's expressed permission in a load of crap.

There is no justification or any way to call it right or minor in nature.

Old 07-08-2010, 11:35 AM

Quote:
It simply amazes me of the number of people who continue to perpuate the hiring of illegal labor by the purchase of goods from corporations that actively recruit, hire and abuse this modern day slave labor.

It also amazes me how some people manage to slant and twist thoughts and words of others to the point of outright lies. That's so beckish.

Any company that I find has employed illegals I don't not continue to do business with and also inform my wife which products I do not want in the house when she shops.

She is in agreement and avoids them like the plaugue.

I have also left the employ of others upon discovering illegals in my workforce.

Yes, I take action.

Old 07-08-2010, 11:40 AM

Quote:
"You say, "If they commited[sic]no crime".
Too late, they did when they crossed the border illegaly[sic] showing themselves to not be a good candidate for citizenship."

That has become a tired, worn out cliche. That crime is a misdomeanor.

I take note that you admit it's a crime here.
Let it stand on the record of your disservice to the U.S. that you support this action for all to see.

Old 07-08-2010, 11:40 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,333,059 times
Quote:

How many times does it have to be repeated to you that Americans have no way of knowing what businesses employ illegals?

Lies? What lies?

Old 07-08-2010, 01:11 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,449,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
So if a bank robber offers someone part of his ill gotten booty to drive the get-a-away car and they accept it is only the bank robber that is guilty of the crime? What part of that don't you grasp? Hint...they're in it together.

Are you saying that these illegals have no knowledge that to come to this country without proper papers and work under fake or stolen I.D. is against the law? It simply amazes me that the pro-illegals completely exhonerate any guilt on the part of the illegal worker.
Ecovlke's location is Tulsa, OK. which just happened to be a sanctuary city...that is...before Oklahoma's "HB 1804" went into effect.
So don't expect much.

Old 07-08-2010, 01:22 PM

Another post reminds me of the crimes that follow the initial entering of the U.S. such as the forged documents, illegal use of others Social Security numbers, dribing without insurance, etc.

Seems like it's not only a simple singular misdemeanor now does it?
The crime continues to cover the first crime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration