Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 12:06 AM

3,172 posts, read 6,756,079 times

Advertisements

Have you seen Escape from New York?
If that movie made you feel uncomfortable, then avert your eyes and ignore this post.

Okay..if youre still reading this, I commend you for your courage.

Take a deep breath, and remember..it's just a video.
You will see many things that will not leave your mind easily..it's very disturbing stuff, but its something everybody has to see.

Omaha, Nebraska.

Once a quaint midwestern town, now a dystopian society, a Hispanicized wasteland, a cesspool of sin and decay where just because you enter, doesnt necessarily mean you can leave.

You may think you are seeing footage of South Central Los Angeles, or South Bronx, NY...but I assure you, this IS Omaha.
(watch out..things get pretty intense around 6:40...you might not want to have the kids around on that part..)

YouTube - Omaha's "Little Mexico"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2008, 04:56 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,938,415 times
AMC, you're not helping your case very much, lol..

Old 08-04-2008, 05:52 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,752,437 times
That town looks fine to me.

Old 08-04-2008, 07:19 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,646,250 times
Interesting story.....I used to live in 'little mexico' back in 1990-92. Across the street from me lived an older gentleman who was a WWII vet. He was with the OSS and had liberated a concentration camp. Anyways.....he confronted a little s*** who was about 14 who was tagging his garage. The little gangbanger pulled a gun on him. Oh, but it isn't that bad, right AMC?
Also, my car was getting broken into on a nightly basis, there was gun fire also on a nightly basis. But hey! This isn't Cali, so it can't be that bad, right?
And I am sure that all the Spanish is just proof of how bilingual these folks are, right? I mean, I am sure they all know English, right? Because that is what good immigrants do, and these Mexican immigrants are all good, right?

Old 08-04-2008, 07:29 AM

8,635 posts, read 9,147,998 times
Seems tame compared to Northern Virginia.

Old 08-04-2008, 07:38 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,480,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Have you seen Escape from New York?
If that movie made you feel uncomfortable, then avert your eyes and ignore this post.

Okay..if youre still reading this, I commend you for your courage.

Take a deep breath, and remember..it's just a video.
You will see many things that will not leave your mind easily..it's very disturbing stuff, but its something everybody has to see.

Omaha, Nebraska.

Once a quaint midwestern town, now a dystopian society, a Hispanicized wasteland, a cesspool of sin and decay where just because you enter, doesnt necessarily mean you can leave.

You may think you are seeing footage of South Central Los Angeles, or South Bronx, NY...but I assure you, this IS Omaha.
(watch out..things get pretty intense around 6:40...you might not want to have the kids around on that part..)

YouTube - Omaha's "Little Mexico"
Is the local hospital still open?

Old 08-04-2008, 08:19 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,573,570 times
Oh, how I wish this ‘art’ was displayed in my neighborhood. I’m green with envy.

I agree with Synopsis -- your little passive-aggressive ‘strategy’ only serves to prove OUR point; in particular, the ‘lovely’ blight of graffiti.

Now, if you really wanted to support your side, the video would have shown pristine tree-lined streets with an assortment of beautiful flowers, children playing, and most definitely…….NO graffiti. This may accurately depict YOUR environment, but it is not what most Americans relish in our neighborhoods.

Thank you for providing yet another illustration of the negative transformation of our towns and cities due to the illegal alien invasion.

Old 08-04-2008, 09:17 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,534,878 times
Why don't we just deal in facts here . . . and please note: Omaha's saturation w/ illegals cannot even compare to Georgia's saturation. Border states are not the only place illegals are settling.

Education
Based on an estimate of 8,645 school-age illegal aliens and 12,100 U.S.-born children of illegal aliens in Iowa and estimated per pupil costs of $8,450 per year for public K-12 schooling, Iowans spend about $175.3 million annually on education for the children of illegal immigrants. An additional estimated $13 million is being spent annually on programs for limited English students who are likely children of illegal aliens. More than four percent of the K-12 public school students in Iowa are children
of illegal aliens, and this share has been increasing as the illegal resident population increases and the overall public school enrollment has decreased slightly.

Health care
State-funded uncompensated medical outlays for health care provided to Iowa’s illegal
alien population amount to an estimated $48.3 million a year. This estimate does not include higher medical bills and insurance costs that Iowans who have medical insurance pay to cover the costs of those without insurance.

Incarceration
The uncompensated cost of incarcerating deportable illegal aliens in Iowa’s state and
local prisons amounts to nearly $4.9 million a year. This estimate excludes compensation from the federal government, short-term detention costs, related law enforcement and judicial expenditures, as well as the monetary costs of the crimes that led to incarceration.

http://www.fairus.org/site/DocServer...pdf?docID=1841

Old 08-04-2008, 09:35 AM

595 posts, read 2,744,121 times
Is this the same person who was telling us that most graffiti is done by white people?

Old 08-04-2008, 11:28 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,646,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisboy View Post
Is this the same person who was telling us that most graffiti is done by white people?
Well, you know how those suburban white boys like to sneak into immigrant neighborhoods at night to tag at will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration